I don’t watch a whole lot of movies. In fact, the last two films I have seen in theaters is Frozen and Beauty and the Beast 3D. Yikes. My parents, on the other hand, are movie aficionados. It’s not that I don’t like going to the movies, but there are priorities and if I am spending a couple of hours in a climate controlled dark room, most likely I am going to be falling asleep. But when I heard about the Trail Running Film Festival, put on by Rainshadow Running, that will be coming to the Pacific NW, I think that I could force myself to stay awake.
This film festival will showcase variety of great films and videos that are all about trail running, and be accompanied with live music before and after, as well as beer. It’s as close to a music festival that I will get to for the foreseeable future! March 2014 will feature stops on:
- March 9 Seattle, WA @ Cornish Playhouse — Sponsored by Seven Hills Running Shop
- March 10 Portland, OR @ Mission Theater— Sponsored by REI
- March 12 Olympia, WA @ Capitol Theater— Sponsored by Trail Run Crazy
- March 13 Tacoma, WA @ Museum of Glass— Sponsored by Route 16 Running & Walking & Dirty Girls Trail Runners & TCMA Events
- March 14 Bellingham, WA @ Mt. Baker Theater— Sponsored by Bellingham Trail Running Series & Chuckanut 50k
- March 16 Wenatchee, WA @ Gateway Theater— Sponsored by Run Wenatchee
- March 18 Twisp, WA @ Twisp River Pub— Sponsored by North Cascades Mountain Hostel
- March 19 Spokane, WA @ Magic Lantern Theater
- March 20 Hood River, OR @ Columbia Center for the Arts — Sponsored by Columbia Gorge Running Club
- March 21 Eugene, OR @ Bijou Theater
- March 22 Bend, OR @ Volcanic Theater Pub — Sponsored by Patagonia @ Bend
- March 24 Ashland, OR @ OSU Recital Hall— Sponsored by Rouge Valley Runners
Tickets can be purchased here and prices for the showings is very reasonable (ranging from $10-$17). The films playing are:
- 2013 Rainshadow Running Highlights Video
- 2014 Orcas Island Race Video
- Never Before Seen Footage from the Upcoming Barkley Film
- The Dipsea Documentary
- Finding Traction Extended Trailer
- Roll Out!
- Running the Edge: The Colorado Trail
Rainshadow Running has a great group of races that they put themselves between Oregon and Washington. You would be well served to check out their calendar page.