It’s sort of something we take for granted, but it’s hard to imagine life without power. During this year’s February ice storm, our family was without power for 5 days and it definitely threw us for a loop. Even in running, a sport that mostly isn’t reliant on power, I have found myself feeling much more confident taking long trail runs knowing that my phone is charged and ready in case I get lost or injured along the way. Thus, in testing the Einova Ultra Fast Power Bank, we have appreciated knowing we have the power to run without worry.
We like that there are three ports on the power bank that can be used simultaneously (no need to wait for one to finish before starting the next one). It is powerful enough to charge in an estimated “twice the speed” than traditional chargers. I can’t attest to this, but can say that it blew by my current one. Additionally, the battery capacity is solid and can get a full 4-8 charges for your smartphone. It can also be utilized for tablets and laptops and can still achieve multiple charges for each on just one battery load.
It’s also extremely simple, an underrated feature. If I am trail running and need to charge my device, I don’t want to have to go through a ton of steps and have to remember to turn it off so I don’t drain the battery. With this power bank, I just need to press the button to turn it on and the USB-C Power Delivery port will automatically start AND stop when charged. I took this over to my mom’s house the other day and even she, not the most tech-savvy person in the world, figured out how to use this immediately.
It’s not uberlight, and probably too heavy and large (6.75 x 4 x 0.63 in) for most running belts, but it is still compact and manageable enough to carry in a running pack for those longer runs. And you shouldn’t have to worry too much about it holding up in there as the outer is constructed from a water-repellent linen canvas with a soft touch frame around the sides. Additionally, there are no sharp corners so, coupled with its water-repellent qualities, packing it alongside water or other gear (perhaps when camping/hiking) shouldn’t be too much of a concern. Both your packs and this power bank should hold up to standard wear and tear.
Product: Einova Ultra Fast Power Bank ($70)
Technical Specs (via website):
- Smart Universal USB-C/USB-A Compatibility: Charge all your USB and USB-C devices on the go. Automatic device detection ensures your devices will always charge safely and efficiently.
- Multi-Device Backup Power: 20,000mAh backup battery with 63W total output over three ports can charge 3 devices simultaneously.
- Three Power Outputs: 1 x 45W USB-C PD, 1 x 18W USB-A Quick Charge 3.0, 1 x 5W USB-A 2.4A
- Ultra-Fast: Fast charge your MacBook*, Macbook Air and other fast charge compatible devices. The two high power fast charge ports (USB-C and USB-A Quick Charge 3.0) deliver power at 2x the speed.
- Stylish and Practical Design: Slim and portable profile, covered in soft waterproof linen canvas and a soft touch frame. The LCD display shows the remaining battery life at a glance.
- Package Includes: Laptop Power Bank, USB-C to USB-C cable (3ft/0.91m), USB-C to USB-A adapter tip, user manual. Designed in Italy. We recommend recharging the Laptop Power Bank with a 30W USB-C PD power adapter (not included)
Thank you to Einova for providing us with a sample. Please read our transparency page for info on how we do our reviews.