My guess is that most people haven’t spent much time running in Dallas. I live 20 minutes away and I don’t think I have actually ever ran there. The Lift for the 22 is a new 5k that will showcase this small town and benefit a great cause in the process.
The race benefits Lift for the 22, which will allow Veterans in Polk County to take advantage of fitness at World Gym Dallas. They are a non-profit that provides gym memberships and personal training to veterans across the country by partnering with fitness facilities around the nation who donate gym memberships. So your registration fee (only $20!) for fitness will go to providing fitness for others. Their mission is to increase the health and transitional success of the veteran community believing that this will ultimately make an impact on the reduction of veteran suicide. Here’s more info on Lift for the 22.
The 5k course will spend most of it’s time within Dallas City Park with just a little bit of street running near the start/finish and turnaround. It will be electronically timed with assistance from Uberthons. Check out the event on Facebook.
When: Saturday June 22nd, 2019
- 7:00-8:45 Day of Registration available at World Gym front counter
- 8:00 Pre-race Yoga at Iron Jungle
- 8:45 Runners and walkers line up. National Anthem and Flag march
- 9:00 Race start
- 10:00 Post-race Yoga at Iron Jungle
- 10:15 Awards and Veterans ceremony (top runners, raffle, veterans testimonies/stories)
- 12:00 pm Passport drawing and possibly more raffle winners
- Vendors open by 8:30 till 1:00 for a morning of fun for the family
Friday June 21st
- Packet and Registration available at World Gym Dallas from 5-8 pm
Where: World Gym Dallas (887 Main Street)
Register: Online here; $20