- 2 tbs. coconut oil or olive oil
- 2 lbs of meat cut into chunks (about 1" thick)
- 1 white onion
- 7-8 stalks celery hearts sliced 1/2" thick
- 2 quarts beef broth
- 1 quart H2O
- 2 cups sliced fresh or frozen green beans
- 2-12 oz. can stewed tomatoes (use more if you like)
- 1 cup fresh Roma tomatoes cut into chunks
- 2 cups carrots cut into rounds
- 4 big russet potatoes cut into 1" chunks
- 2 cups frozen or fresh corn off the cob
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce (more if you like!)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 bay leaf
In a skillet heat the oil on high heat. Roll the chunks of meat in the flour mixture so they are lightly coated. Add the onion to the skillet and cook until it is translucent. Add the beef and sear it.
Dump the remaining ingredients into a big pot or into your Crock Pot. Simmer the soup for about 45 minutes until veggies are tender and meat is fully cooked. If using the Crock Pot, turn the heat on low and let it cook for 3.5 hours.
This soup is best served HOT with some crusty bread! Enjoy!
*don’t use flour if you want to make this gluten-free.
**You can cut down active cooking time by using a Crock Pot. Just let it simmer while you go for a run…or work.