On Saturday, April 19, 2014 runners will be lining up on Marine Drive to conquer their chosen distance, either a 5k or Half Marathon. This course runs along the Columbia River on the Marine Drive Bike Path for the entirety of the race and will be flat and fast (I need all the help I can get). Course will be USATF Certified and chip timed and will have five aid stations with Nuun and Clif Shots, my two go-to choices for long distance.
Post-race you can expect Easter Egg Medals, mimosas, and brunch as well as family-friendly events (Easter Egg painting, anyone?!).
You can pick up your personalized bib at these following locations:
- Wednesday, April 16th: Bib pick up, DT Foot Traffic, 11-6pm
- Thursday, April 17th: Bib pick up, NE Foot Traffic, 11-6pm
- Friday, April 18th, Bib pick up, SE Foot Traffic, 11-6pm
The schedule day of is as follows (Saturday, April 19):
- 6:30am: Bib Pick up begins race day
- 7:30am: 5K begins
- 8:15am: Half Marathon begins
- 9:15am-12pm: Post-race party, egg painting, food, music, and more
When: Saturday, April 19, 2014; See schedule above.
Where: NE 33rd Ave., Portland, OR.
Registration: Online, Half Marathon – $74/ 5k – $38 (until March 2nd); After March 2nd, tech shirt is not guaranteed. Day of Race Registration: Half Marathon – $80/ 5k – $40 (tech shirt not guaranteed and DOR only offered if race is not filled).
For more updates, ‘LIKE’ the Hop Hop Half & 5k Facebook Page.