- This event has passed.
SELCO Pole Pedal Paddle
May 14, 2022$55
It’s Back! Bigger, badder and better than ever!
Racers, as we know, nothing is more important than the health and safety of the community we love which is why we had to cancel the 2020 and 2021 edition of the Selco PPP.
We know how passionate you are about PPP and how heartbreaking this news was for the entire community. When you compete in the PPP, it often becomes a constant in your life. It builds long-lasting friendships, challenges you mentally and physically and gives you purpose to do the things you love to do. It also increases confidence, motivation and self-determination. And we don’t want that to stop.
Pole Pedal Paddle is our largest fundraiser and it allows us to provide life-changing athletic programs to over 600+ athletes annually.
- The Alpine leg starts at the top of Mt. Bachelor’s Red Chair where skiers have to sprint 200 feet uphill without their skis, then find where they put their skis, put them on and finally ski down the LeeWay run. The course is a beginner/intermediate run.
- The Cross Country leg is an 8 km skate ski. The exchange to cycling takes place in front of the Nordic Lodge parking area.
- The Bike leg is a 22 mile beautiful ride into Bend along Century Drive. The rides finishes at the Athletic Club of Bend.
- The Run leg is a 5 mile, single track trail run along the Deschutes River and finishes at the Riverbend Park in Bend. Kid teams that are 12 and under (each member has to be 12 or younger) will do a shortened course.
- The Canoe/Kayak/SUP leg begins at Riverbend Park. Boaters will paddle upstream from the put-in point for 1/2 mile on the Deschutes River to Healy Bridge then back downstream for 3/4 mile, then back upstream for 1/4 mile to the sprint exchange.
- The Sprint leg starts at the Canoe/Kayak/SUP finish. We are changing the course this year. 1 mile paved and across the river. More info coming soon. The finish location will be the west side of the river in the Old Mill District (West Event Grass-right next to the Hampton Inn).