The Helvetia Half Marathon, 5k & 10k is coming up soon, on June 3rd. Like the Hippie Chick Half, (and let’s face it, ANY Runwithpaula Event,) it will be worth the wait. There are many reasons why I praise Paula Harkin’s races up and down and why her races are the best. Here are just a few:
- She’s got the best swag. The shirts, the medals, and the extras are all thoughtfully curated and high quality items.
- The courses are well labeled, well thought out, and well organized. The last thing you want to think about when you’re trying to get through a race is logistics and a Runwithpaula Event eliminates so much of that for you. There will be plenty of aid stations, signage, and friendly volunteers out there for you when you need them most of all.
- Paula takes care of her runners both before and after the race, with easy check-ins, great post-parties (when it’s safe) and more than a banana to eat when you finish. . Like real food!
- Lastly, and most importantly, Paula cares. A lot. As a runner herself who’s been on a personal runner streak for over a DECADE, she looks at every race like a runner would and thinks about what she’d want to see. That is pure gold.
Okay. Now how about that Helvetia Half Marathon, 5k & 10k run/walk? The race starts and finishes at Gordon Faber Recreation Complex and features views of the countryside pastures and the “Leave the City Behind” mentality that its famous for. Along the course, you’ll pass the historical landmark Helvetia Tavern. Afterwards, refuel with an awesome finish line chock full of post-race treats including lunch and their Rogue Brewery Beer Garden!
Register for this race and you’ll be rewarded with a tech running shirt, a complimentary beer, a custom bib, and of course a super cool Finisher Medal. You’ll also be treated to a burger and an after party IF it’s deemed safe.
Don’t miss the race that’s been voted the BEST HALF MARATHON in the Northwest!
- When: June 3rd, 2023
- Where: Ron Tonkin Field, Hillsboro OR