A one day relay in Central Oregon in the fall? Yes, please! It’s time to gather your team of 4 to 6 people and register for 2022 Hood to Coast High Desert Relay. This event starts and ends at Rim Rock Riders in Powell Butte. The 64 mile loop running course relay takes runners to Alfalfa and you’re promised breathtaking views of the Cascade Mountains, Smith Rock. the Prineville Reservoir and the Crooked River. The route promises a variety of terrain, scenery, and challenges.
Teams will be released every 10 minutes from 5:00AM to 5:30AM. Please don’t be late!!
Personally, I got pretty burned out on overnight relays and find the one day format a welcome change. Piling into a van with 5 other runners and running just 2 legs with no 3:00AM sleep deprived running is right up my alley. I love the camaraderie of being with other runners – whether new friends or old. You’re all in on the journey together for the day. And, even if you didn’t know each other before the relay, you will certainly have bonded by the end of the day. Since running is often such a solo sport, there’s something special about teaming up with others for a running adventure.
Hood to Coast High Desert also includes a Walk Relay that will start at Exchange 4 (Power House Cove Boat Ramp) and then takes the same route as the run back to Rim Rock Riders for a total of 47 miles.
This relay has a limited number of spots, so be sure to get your team registered soon!
- What: 2022 HTC High Desert Relay
- When: Saturday, October 1st, 2022 (5:00 to 5:30AM)
- Where: Rim Rock Riders, 17037 Alfalfa Rd, Powell Butte, OR 97753
- Cost: $750 per team (4-6 team members)
- Register: Here
- Packet Pick-Up: Sept 23rd from 4:00PM to 6:00PM at the HTC Office (7236 SW Durham Rd Suite 800, Portland, OR 97224) or Sept 30th from 4:00PM to 6:00PM at Brasada Ranch (16976 SW Brasada Ranch Rd, Powell Butte, OR 97753)