Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Funding Status: ~$34,000 of $15,000 (WILL BE FUNDED)
End Date: September 9, 2020
Pledge for: $42 for shirt
Delivery Expectations: January 2021
It’s been hot outside lately. Just a week ago, I ventured out into a 100 degree day, followed up by an 80 degree day with something like a billion percent humidity. I have a ton of solid running clothes, but it’s nice to have options when the weather turns less than ideal for running. Volcanxx is currently doing a Kickstarter for their adaptive running tops which claim to provide temperature regulation for both cold and hot temperatures. Obviously, it’s creation and construction lends very well to us runners.
Here is a description about their shirt via their campaign:
Volcanxx® is a revolutionary fabric that uses the best technology and natural materials to adapt to your body temperature and your environment. One performance shirt that works for every season and every activity:
- helps cool you down when you are hot and warm you up when you are cold
- helps you maintain a comfortable personal micro climate of 37.5 degrees
- removes sweat in the vapor stage before liquid sweat forms
- traps odors and releases them when washed and dried
- active particles are derived from nature
- works for the life of the garment
How is this better than any other shirt?
You have more energy to put toward the work at hand when your clothing is keeping your body at optimal temperature.
- responds to your body to provide a wider range of comfort in fluctuating temperatures and at varied activity levels.
- delays the onset of sweat by pulling moisture out of the system.
The 37.5® Technology volcanic sand particles embedded in the fabric reacts to the infrared heat signals coming from your body to either disperse heat when you start to overheat or reflect heat when you are cold. This process helps you maintain a core, comfortable temperature longer in both cold and warm climates.
It’s clear that these shirts aren’t your standard tech tops that don’t do much more than provide some cover for your body. We are excited to see this in action.