CamelBak has been a name in hydration packs for as long as they have been around so it should come as no surprise that they have made their way into the world of running vests. It should also come as no surprise that they have done so exceptionally well. Their newest vest, the Zephyr, checks all the boxes in what to look for in a running vest whether you’re the casual weekend runner or training for your next ultra.
The Zephyr vest also comes with 2 of Camelback’s Quick Stow Flasks which carry up to 17 oz of liquid each. Along with the flasks, the vest is also capable of carry a reservoir (not included) for even more hydration capacity. I personally prefer to use the reservoir vs water bottles with my vests but I do like that you have the option for either with this one. As you can see, there are 2 sternum straps for adjustability and fit as well as a zipper and front storage pockets with a safety whistle to stash a snack and phone.
Another great feature with this vest is the additional stash pocket which I found very handy during marathon training here in the Willamette Valley. One minute it’s pouring down rain and the next it’s sunny and warm so it was nice being able to throw my rain jacket in there rather than tying it around my waist. The vest also has a trekking pole attachment which I did not use but think it’s a great addition especially for the ultra runners out there who like to keep their hands free.
As a runner who normally doesn’t carry water unless I’m planning on over 2 hours, this has been a great gear addition. I was ramping up my marathon training before all of the COVID-19 issues canceled the race but having this on my longer runs without aid stations or water fountains has been an immense benefit. I plan on wearing this for my solo marathon effort that was supposed to be the Eugene Marathon as it will have ample room for my fluids, snacks, and phone.
Products & Price:
HYDRATION CAPACITY:34 oz
HYDRATION TYPE:(x2) 17oz Quick Stow Flask Standard 2.0
QUICK LINK DISCONNECT:No
GEAR CAPACITY:10L/610 cu in
DIMENSIONS:39 x 27 x 15 cm
BACK PANEL:Engineered Knit
NUMBER OF EXTERIOR POCKETS:8
- Engineered Knit Mesh: Light and breathable material made with body mapping technology to ventilate areas of the body that generate the most heat
- Dual Adjustable Sternum Straps: Offers a range of adjustments for a custom fit and increased stability
- Fuel and Gear Storage: Multiple stow options, easily accessible
- Secure Phone Pocket: Keep essentials safe and easy to access
- Reflectivity: For low light safety
- Stretch Overflow Pocket: Quickly stash or shed an extra layer
- Trekking Pole Attachment: Easily attach and remove poles when needed
- Polygiene® Anti-Microbial
- Safety Whistle: Be heard in case of an emergency
- Reservoir Compatible, not included
- Dual Exit Tube Routing
- Made with Ultra Light Materials
Many thanks to the CamelBak for allowing us to check out their product! Please read our transparency page for info on how we do our reviews.