**GIVEN THE UNCERTAINTY OF THINGS DUE TO COVID-19, PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE PREVIEWING THIS RACE AS IF IT IS STILL OCCURRING . WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO FOLLOW THESE RACES ON SOCIAL MEDIA OR THEIR WEBSITES TO DETERMINE IF CHANGES ARE BEING MADE**
This is our weekly (usually) post highlighting low-cost races, races that may cost more but for a cause we think is important, and price increases or deadlines. We usually do the upcoming weekend and the one after that, so if you’re feeling good and want to jump in a race without blowing your budget, these are good options! Check the full Run Oregon Race Calendar here.
We consider a race to be low cost based on the distance/price. We may also include a race that has sweet swag for the cost. Here are the thresholds we use:
- 5k: $20 and under
- 10k: $30 and under
- Half Marathon: $40 and under
- Marathon: $70 and under
- The Salem Paddy Pint 10k is just $30 (there’s also a 5k for $25) plus a free 400 m kid’s run. The race is on Saturday, March 14 in Salem.
- The Shamrock Run 5-miler in Central Point is only $25. The race is on Saturday, March 14.
- Head to The Dalles on the 14th for the St. Patty Day Columbia River Run/Walk – this is a low-price race at just $20 for pre-registration for the 10k, 5k, or 3k. Day of race registration is $25. Email email@example.com to get an entry form.
- On Sunday, March 15 is the Prineville Paddy Pint 10k/5k; there’s a costume contest! The race is $29, and proceeds go to the Tooth Taxi and Crook County Foundation’s On The Move program.
- Free, my favorite: remember the weekly Saturday parkrun 5k on the Rock Creek Trail! Get information and register online here.
- Run Wild Adventures is hosting the Vortex Half Marathon and 10k on Saturday, March 21 at Milo McIver State Park near Estacada. The 10k is only $30 when you sign up online ahead of time. (The half is $50; prices increase $10 if you sign up DOR.)
- The Oregon Brewery Running Series is coming to Eugene! They’ll be running from Ninkasi on Saturday, March 21. Registration for the 5k is $30 and includes a pint; you can also pay $40 to include a t-shirt.
- The Great Green Run n’ Relay has a price increase on 3/15. Until then, the half is $40 and the 5k is $25. After that the prices go up to $49/$30. The race is on Sunday, March 29 in Eugene.
- The Corvallis Half has a price increase for its half marathon distance on March 17; until then it’s $70. The race is on Saturday, April 11.
- The ORRC Vernonia Marathon has a price increase on April 2 (the race is April 5). Until then, the full is $80 and the half is $70.
- The Cottage Grove Half Marathon & 10k will see a price bump on April 2. Until then, the half is $85 and the 10k is $50. The race is Saturday, April 11.
- The Pear Blossom 10-Miler is only $32 and the 5k is only $25 if you sign up by April 6. The race is on April 11 in Medford.