This is our weekly (usually) post highlighting low-cost races, races that may cost more but for a cause we think is important, and price increases or deadlines. We usually do the upcoming weekend and the one after that, so if you’re feeling good and want to jump in a race without blowing your budget, these are good options! Check the full Run Oregon Race Calendar here.
We consider a race to be low cost based on the distance/price. We may also include a race that has sweet swag for the cost. Here are the thresholds we use:
- 5k: $20 and under
- 10k: $30 and under
- Half Marathon: $40 and under
- Marathon: $70 and under
We would like to you hear from you if you know of a race we’re missing. Let us know about it via email, insta, or facebook!
- There’s always parkrun … a free 5k on the Rock Creek Trail every Saturday at 9a.
- The Couples Classic is running on the 15th in Eugene and pre-registration is only $15! If you forget to sign up early for this 5k, DOR is still only $20.
- The Zena Road Runs are on Sunday, February 16 near Salem, offering a 3-miler, 6-miler, and 15k for $35.
- The February 22 parkrun (a free 5k on the Rock Creek Trail every Saturday at 9a) is the Club Run Day. It’s still free, and open to everyone, but feel free to put together a team and go head to head with other teams!
- Our friends at Run Wild Adventures always put on a great race, and on Saturday, February 22 you can run with them at the Buck Mountain Mudslinger at Silver Falls State Park. It’s a 6.6-mile race for $30 as long as you sign up online ahead of time.
- The Oregon Brewery Running Series is heading to Hopworks Vancouver on the 22nd! This isn’t a race; it’s a fun run with beer at the end, but since it’s usually south of the Columbia, this is worth mentioning.
- The Wurst Run in Mount Angel on the 22nd has a 5k and a 10k for $30, so the 10k qualifies for low-price!
- On Sunday, you can run a half marathon in Eugene for just $40 or the 10k (or 5k) for $25 at the Oregon Wetlands Half Marathon.
- In the Portland/Vancouver area on Sunday the 23rd, the Vancouver Lake Half is just $35 and the 4-miler is $25 when you register online ahead of time. This course offers a flat course and raises funds for scholarships.
- The 4th race in the Newport Winter Trail Series will be run on Tuesday the 25th. Day of race registration is $20 for this evening race.
- Register by February 10 to get a free shirt with your entry to the Three Capes Relay, running on February 29. A 5-person team is $175, but there are also solo and pair options.
- Sign up for the Couve Clover Run by February 14 to save money on registration. Until then, the 3-miler is $45, the 7-miler is $65, and the 10-miler is $75. The race is on Sunday, March 22 in Vancouver.