This is our weekly (usually) post highlighting low-cost races, races that may cost more but for a cause we think is important, and price increases or deadlines. We usually do the upcoming weekend and the one after that, so if you’re feeling good and want to jump in a race without blowing your budget, these are good options! Check the full Run Oregon Race Calendar here.
We consider a race to be low cost based on the distance/price. We may also include a race that has sweet swag for the cost. Here are the thresholds we use:
- 5k: $20 and under
- 10k: $30 and under
- Half Marathon: $40 and under
- Marathon: $70 and under
- Saturday, January 11 is the Freeze Your Gizzard Blizzard in The Dalles. There’s a 3k, a 5k, and a 10k, each for $15. Sign-ups are through the county recreation program, but you can also sign up DOR.
- On the same day, you can head to the coast and run the Perpetua FatAss. This will probably be hilly, but it’s a FREE run. There’s a 9-miler, 20k, 30k, and 50k.
- Saturday also brings the free ParkRun 5k. This run near Tanasbourne is every Saturday but you must pre-register.
- Newport is home to the Ardor Adventures Trail Race Series that is only $20 per race or for all 5 for $75 when you sign up by the 13th. The first one is on January 14. (Others are Jan 28, Feb 11 and 25, and Mar 10.)
- ParkRun’s 5k is happening next weekend on Saturday the 18th (as it does every Saturday). It’s free, but you need to register online. This run is on the Rock Creek Trail in west Beaverton.
- The Volksläufe 25k/5k is running on Saturday, January 18 in Medford. The 25k is $35 and the 5k is $20.
- Also on Saturday the 18th is Eugene’s Winter Predictor 13k/5k. Unlike most races where the fastest finisher is the winner, at a predictor, it’s the person who runs closest to their predicted time. There’s a 13k and a 6k, both priced at $25.
- There’s a cool race on Sunday, January 19th (cool in more ways that one): a snowshoe race. Put on by X-Dog, this is at White River Sno-Park. There’s a 4k for $30 and an 8k for $35. Get details on the White River Snowshoe Race here.