Welcome to the latest post in the 2019 Races on our Radar series, where we report on cool and/or low-cost races, group runs, price and registration deadlines, and other things we think you should know about it.
Looking ahead to this weekend & next:
- Also on November 9 is Gresham’s Hit the Barlow Trail 5k for just $15.
- One of my favorite trail half marathons is the Klickitat Trail Half on Saturday, November 9. The race shuttle leaves from the Youth Community Center in Klickitat, and there’s a marathon ($65), a half ($35), and a 5k ($15).
- Coming up November 9 is the Run 2 Music, raising funds for the Westview High School band program. The race is $30.
- November 9th is the next Stumptown XC race. This one is at Pier Park and is $15.
- Sunday, November 10 are the McDonald Forest Trail Runs 5k/15k. Both races are $30 which is a low price on a 15k. Prices go up 11/1.
- The Pioneer Run in Phoenix, Oregon is on Saturday, November 16. There’s a 9-miler and a 5k, both just for $20.
Turkey Trots – All these races are on Thursday, November 28:
- The Murrayhill 5k (Beaverton) is $15, with free registration for kids 8 and younger.
- FootZone Bend’s I Like Pie run registration is 5 lb of non-perishable food, to be donated to the local food bank.
- The Moore Park Turkey Trot 5k in Klamath Falls is free with the donation of a new, unwrapped toy for Toys for Tots, or of non-perishable food for the food bank.
- The Turkey Trot in Mosier (formerly the Twin Tunnels Run) is only $15. There are 3k, 5k, and 12k options.
- Your $25 registration for the Redmond Turkey Trot 5k/10k comes with an all-day lift ticket at Hoodoo! This is only for people who sign up online before the race.
- Springfield’s Turkey Stuffer 5k is only $20 if you sign up by 11/25.
- The Run’ucopia in Salem is only $18 for your choice of 5k, 10k, or 15k.
Price Bumps and such:
- Registration is now open for the 2020 Hangover Run 3k & Beer Mile in Salem on January 1, 2020. $15 per event (plus your beer, if you go that route).
- The last day to guarantee your shirt size and get a personalized bib for the Foot Traffic Holiday Half, 10-miler, and 10k is November 14. Until then, the half or 10-miler are $89 and the 10k is $54.
- The price for the Deschutes River Half Marathon on January 1 goes up on November 30 from $65 to $75.