Welcome to the latest post in the 2019 Races on our Radar series, where we report on cool and/or low-cost races, group runs, price and registration deadlines, and other things we think you should know about it.
We would like to you hear from you, too. If you’re in the know on a race that you think others need to check out, let us know via email, twitter, or facebook!
Looking ahead to this weekend & next:
- Also on November 9 is Gresham’s Hit the Barlow Trail 5k for just $15.
- One of my favorite trail half marathons is the Klickitat Trail Half on Saturday, November 9. The race shuttle leaves from the Youth Community Center in Klickitat, and there’s a marathon ($65), a half ($35), and a 5k ($15).
- Coming up November 9 is the Run 2 Music, raising funds for the Westview High School band program. The race is $30.
- November 9th is the next Stumptown XC race. This one is at Pier Park and is $15.
- Sunday, November 10 are the McDonald Forest Trail Runs 5k/15k. Both races are $30 which is a low price on a 15k. Prices go up 11/1.
- The Pioneer Run in Phoenix, Oregon is on Saturday, November 16. There’s a 9-miler and a 5k, both just for $20.
Turkey Trots – All these races are on Thursday, November 28:
- The Murrayhill 5k (Beaverton) is $15, with free registration for kids 8 and younger.
- FootZone Bend’s I Like Pie run registration is 5 lb of non-perishable food, to be donated to the local food bank.
- The Moore Park Turkey Trot 5k in Klamath Falls is free with the donation of a new, unwrapped toy for Toys for Tots, or of non-perishable food for the food bank.
- The Turkey Trot in Mosier (formerly the Twin Tunnels Run) is only $15. There are 3k, 5k, and 12k options.
- Your $25 registration for the Redmond Turkey Trot 5k/10k comes with an all-day lift ticket at Hoodoo! This is only for people who sign up online before the race.
- Springfield’s Turkey Stuffer 5k is only $20 if you sign up by 11/25.
- The Run’ucopia in Salem is only $18 for your choice of 5k, 10k, or 15k.
Price Bumps and such:
- Registration is now open for the 2020 Hangover Run 3k & Beer Mile in Salem on January 1, 2020. $15 per event (plus your beer, if you go that route).
- The last day to guarantee your shirt size and get a personalized bib for the Foot Traffic Holiday Half, 10-miler, and 10k is November 14. Until then, the half or 10-miler are $89 and the 10k is $54.
- The price for the Deschutes River Half Marathon on January 1 goes up on November 30 from $65 to $75.