Welcome to the latest post in the 2019 Races on our Radar series, where we report on cool and/or low-cost races, group runs, price and registration deadlines, and other things we think you should know about it.
Coming up in the next 2 weeks:
- The Dorris Ranch Dirt Dash 3k in Springfield on October 20 is only $9. This XC-style race is hosted by Willamalane Rec District and is free for their youth XC programs.
- FREE RACE ALERT: Run With the Duck on Friday, October 25 in Eugene is a free 5k! The race starts at 3:30p so you might need to take off from work early.
- FREE RACE ALERT: ParkRun 5k on the Rock Creek Trail is every Saturday … but you must register ahead of time!
- Vernonia’s Graveyard Dash 3k on Saturday, October 26 is $20, with proceeds going to help disabled children in their community. Students can run for just $10.
- The Parkdale Pumpkin Run is on Saturday, October 26 in Parkdale (on the way to Mt. Hood), and you can run either the 5k or 10k for just $15!
- Also on the 26th is the OSU Dog n’ Jog in Corvallis. It’s a 5k that’s only $20, but if you’re an OSU student it’s only $15.
- Another option for the 26th is the Wilsonville Fall Frolic 5k. If you sign up online, it’s only $15 and if you wait until the day of the race, it’s still a good price: $25. There’s also a free kid’s run, for which you have to register.
- Another race on the 26th for only $20 is the Mazama’s 3rd Annual Halloween 5k, running in Klamath Falls.
- Saturday, November 2 is a $15 5k in Bend: the Pine Nursery Pacer 5k and Kids Run – but you have to sign up by October 30! The race is a fundraiser for Ponderosa Elementary School, hosted by the PTA.
- Autumn Trails Eugene is on Sunday, November 3, and there’s a 3-miler and a 6-miler for $25 and a 10-miler for just $30.
- Coming up November 9 is the Run 2 Music, raising funds for the Westview High School band program. The race is $20 when you sign up online by November 4.
- Also on November 9 is Gresham’s Hit the Barlow Trail 5k for just $15.
- One of my favorite trail half marathons is the Klickitat Trail Half on Saturday, November 9. The race shuttle leaves from the Youth Community Center in Klickitat, and there’s a marathon ($65), a half ($35), and a 5k ($15).
Price bumps etc. to watch for:
- There are still spots in the Silver Falls 5k, a Friday afternoon race that’s part of a full weekend of racing at Silver Falls State Park. The 7-miler, half marathon, marathon, and 50k are all full. The 5k is $30.
- The Stub Stewart Trail Challenge 13-miler and 6.25-miler have a price increase on October 19. Until then the longer race is $55 and the shorter is $45, on October 20 both prices go up $5.
- October 25th brings a price bump for Kevin’s Cup 8k. Right now it’s $33 and it goes up to $37.
- The Run Like Hell (at Edgefield this year!) in on October 26, and there’s a price bump on October 24. Save yourself from paying DOR fees – through the 24th, the half is $109, the 10k is $74, and the 5k is $56.
- The Friendsgiving 5k, 10k, and half has a price bump on 10/18. Register by then for the half for
- $55, and the 10k or 5k for $20. This race is on the Saturday after Thanksgiving (the 30th).