Welcome to the latest post in the 2019 Races on our Radar series, where we report on cool and/or low-cost races, group runs, price and registration deadlines, and other things we think you should know about it.
- Reminder about a FREE 5k that takes place every Saturday on the Rock Creek Trail! Each ParkRun 5k is free, but you must register ahead of time and bring your bar code (you can show your phone) to get a finish time.
- This Saturday, October 12 is The Lung Run 5k, a donation race to raise funds for the American Lung Association. Choose your own registration price!
- Another option this Saturday is the 2nd race in the Stumptown XC Series. Individual races are $15 or you can sign up for the 4 remaining races for $50.
- Sunday, October 13 is the final race in the Portland Parks 5k Series. This one is at Delta Park and is $10 to register for adults, those under 18 race for free.
- Love running and beer? The Oregon Brewery Running Series has a few runs coming up. Registration is $30 for most of these runs (unless you wait until day of). There’s a run at the Portland Cider Company on October 19 and the McMenamins Kennedy School run is on October 26.
- The Dorris Ranch Dirt Dash 3k in Springfield on Sunday, October 20 is only $9. This XC-style race is hosted by Willamalane Rec District and is free for their youth XC programs.
- FREE RACE ALERT: Run With the Duck on Friday, October 25 in Eugene is a free 5k! The race starts at 3:30p so you might need to take off from work early.
- Vernonia’s Graveyard Dash 3k on Saturday, October 26 is $20, with proceeds going to help disabled children in their community. Students can run for just $10.
- The Parkdale Pumpkin Run is on Saturday, October 26 in Parkdale (on the way to Mt. Hood), and you can run either the 5k or 10k for just $15!
- Also on the 26th is the OSU Dog n’ Jog in Corvallis. It’s a 5k that’s only $20, but if you’re an OSU student it’s only $15.
- Another option for the 26th is the Wilsonville Fall Frolic 5k. If you sign up online, it’s only $15 and if you wait until the day of the race, it’s still a good price: $25. There’s also a free kid’s run, for which you have to register.
- One of my favorite trail half marathons is the Klickitat Trail Half on Saturday, November 9. The race shuttle leaves from the Youth Community Center in Klickitat, and there’s a marathon ($65), a half ($35), and a 5k ($15).
Price bumps etc. to watch for:
- The Monster Dash in Ashland is running on Saturday, October 26, but if you sign up by tomorrow night, you’ll be able to run either the 5k or 10k for only $20. Starting on Thursday, registration is $25
- Registration for the Miller Woods Trail Run includes a 5k and 10k, but online registration closes this Thursday (October 10) at midnight. The race is this Saturday, October 12 in McMinnville.
- The Stub Stewart Trail Challenge 13-miler and 6.25-miler have a price increase on October 19. Until then the longer race is $55 and the shorter is $45, on October 20 both prices go up $5.
- The Run Like Hell (at Edgefield this year!) in on October 26, and there’s a price bump on October 24. Save yourself from paying DOR fees – through the 24th, the half is $109, the 10k is $74, and the 5k is $56.