Welcome to the latest post in the 2019 Races on our Radar series, where we report on cool and/or low-cost races, group runs, price and registration deadlines, and other things we think you should know about it.
- Reminder about a FREE 5k that takes place every Saturday on the Rock Creek Trail! Each ParkRun 5k is free, but you must register ahead of time and bring your bar code (you can show your phone) to get a finish time.
- This Saturday, Salem is hosting a $10 10k and a $5 5k. Races are at Minto-Brown Park.
- Support Isabela Hockett’s student project of hosting a 5k to raise funds for the Open Medicine Foundation, specifically for treatments of Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. The 5k is in St. Paul and if you sign up online it’s only $20. (DOR is only $25.)
- FREE RACE ALERT: This Sunday, October 6th is the Run or Walk for Shelter 5k/Mile is a donation-based event taking place at Forest Grove High School. Proceeds support the Winter Shelter in West Washington County.
- Sunday, October 13 is the final race in the Portland Parks 5k Series. This one is at Delta Park and is $10 to register for adults, those under 18 race for free.
- The Dorris Ranch Dirt Dash 3k in Springfield on October 20 is only $5. This XC-style race is hosted by Willamalane Rec District and is free for their youth XC programs.
- FREE RACE ALERT: Run With the Duck on Friday, October 25 in Eugene is a free 5k! The race starts at 3:30p so you might need to take off from work early.
- One of my favorite trail half marathons is the Klickitat Trail Half on Saturday, November 9. The race shuttle leaves from the Youth Community Center in Klickitat, and there’s a marathon ($65), a half ($35), and a 5k ($15).
Price bumps etc. to watch for:
- The Holiday Half has a price increase TOMORROW! If you register today, the half and 10 miler are each $76 and the 10k is $55.
- The Stub Stewart Trail Challenge 13-miler and 6.25-miler have a price increase on October 19. Until then the longer race is $55 and the shorter is $45, on October 20 both prices go up $5.