Welcome to the latest post in the 2019 Races on our Radar series, where we report on cool and/or low-cost races, group runs, price and registration deadlines, and other things we think you should know about it.
Low-cost races this weekend and next weekend:
- Here’s a FREE 5k that takes place every Saturday on the Rock Creek Trail! Each ParkRun 5k is free, but you must register ahead of time and bring your bar code (you can show your phone) to get a finish time.
- The Molalla River Trail Race is offers a 5k, 10k, and a low-priced half marathon at $50. The race is Saturday, September 28.
- Sunday the 29th is the Fall Festival Run in Corvallis. Choose the 10k or 5k for $30; HOTV members save $10.
- Also on the 29th is the Friends of Mt. Tabor Tar and Trail Run in SE Portland. The 5k is $15 and the 10k is $25.
- FREE RACE ALERT: The Run or Walk for Shelter 5k/Mile is a donation-based event taking place at Forest Grove High School on October 6. Proceeds support the Winter Shelter in West Washington County.
- Saturday, September 28th is the Oregon Hop Run in Independence. The 5k is $30 and the 10k is $35. There’s also a free kid’s race of 1/2 mile. Proceeds benefit the Ella Curran Food Bank, and registrants 21+ get a pass for a free beer at one of the participating locations in Independence.
- The next Taco Tuesday Twilight Trot is on Tuesday, October 1 at 6p from Eclectic Edge Events’ office at 750 Commercial in Eugene. It’s $20 for pre-registration and $25 DOR. Registration includes the 5k run, the post-race taco bar, and an adult beverage.
- Sunday, October 13 is the final race in the Portland Parks 5k Series. This one is at Delta Park and is $10 to register for adults, those under 18 race for free.
- The Dorris Ranch Dirt Dash 3k in Springfield on October 20 is only $5. This XC-style race is hosted by Willamalane Rec District and is free for their youth XC programs.
- FREE RACE ALERT: Run With the Duck on Friday, October 25 in Eugene is a free 5k! The race starts at 3:30p so you might need to take off from work early.
Price bumps etc. to watch for:
- The Holiday Half has a price increase on October 2! Until then, the half and 10 miler are each $76 and the 10k is $55.
- The Stub Stewart Trail Challenge 13-miler and 6.25-miler have a price increase on October 19. Until then the longer race is $55 and the shorter is $45, on October 20 both prices go up $5.