Welcome to the latest post in the 2019 Races on our Radar series, where we report on cool and/or low-cost races, group runs, price and registration deadlines, and other things we think you should know about it.
- The final Bush Park Thursday Night Run is this week (on Thursday, natch) in Salem. It’s a 3k/5k for just $6.
- The Hero Up Half Marathon isn’t a “super low price” race like we usually mention here, but it’s for a great cause – to fight childhood cancers. The race is on August 31 at Tigard’s Cook Park. Until the 29th, the half is $70 and the 5k is $35.
- Another half on August 31 is the beautiful Painted Hills Half Marathon in Mitchell, Ore. There’s also a 10k and a 5k, and any distance is just $28 without the shirt. I’ve run this one and it offer gorgeous views and a great small-town festival at the finish.
- The Sunset Bay Trail Run in Coos Bay is on Saturday, August 31st, as well. There’s a 15k and a 4-miler. Members of the South Coast Run Club pay just $15 while non-members get to race for just $25.
- The ORRC Greenway Trail Trial 10k/5k is a super great deal if you’re an ORRC member – $25 for the 10k and $20 for the 5k; if you’re not a member it’s $35/$30. There’s also an option to run the double for $45. I’m one of the volunteer RDs! The race is on Labor Day (September 2) at Greenway Park in Beaverton.
- Portland State’s XC program is hosting the “Viking Rust Buster” at Blue Lake on Saturday, September 7, with collegiate and high school races, plus a community/open 4k. Registration closes September 4 and it’s $20 per person (plus there’s $5 per car to park at Blue Lake).
- On Saturday, September 7, the City of Tigard is hosting it’s Family Fun Fest with a 5k that’s only $5 for ages 6+ and free for 5 and younger.
- On September 7, the City of Salem is hosting another $5 Stride 5k. You can’t beat that!
- The Walterville Waddle 5k on September 7 in Walterville is only $20 for ages 18-55 and $15 for anyone else. Sign up online by September 5 for this price.
- Also on the 7th is the Ultimook XC 5k race. In addition to the high school race, there’s an open race that’s only $15 for youth and $20 for adults.
- In Sublimity on the 7th, the Sublimity Harvest Run 3k/5k/10k is only $15.
- The next Taco Tuesday Twilight Trot is on Tuesday, September 10 at 6p from Eclectic Edge Events’ office at 750 Commercial in Eugene. It’s $20 for pre-registration and $25 DOR. Registration includes the 5k run, the post-race taco bar, and an adult beverage.
- The next OTC race series event (#7) is on Thursday, September 12 in Eugene. This one is a 5k from Amazon Park.
- There is a price increase for the Saturday, September 14 Cottage Grove Half on August 31. Until then, the half is $75 (it jumps to $90) and the 10k is $40 (it goes up to $45).
- Starting on Thursday, August 29, the Portland Marathon will be $155. Pay (only) $140 if you sign up today or tomorrow. The Portland Half Marathon also has a price increase, from $110 to $125. The race is on Sunday, October 6.