Welcome to the latest post in the 2019 Races on our Radar series, where we report on cool and/or low-cost races, group runs, price and registration deadlines, and other things we think you should know about it.
- The All Ability Tri4Youth is the only barrier-free triathlon on the west coast, but they need volunteers (especially those that can speak Spanish). The triathlon is this Saturday, August 10 at the THPRD main complex on SW Walker & 158th in Beaverton. If you can help, register to volunteer here.
- The ORRC Garlic Festival is looking for volunteers on Saturday, too. This race is in North Plains. To sign up, click here and then click on “Volunteer” from the top right just on top of the big photo.
Low-cost races coming up:
- The Run Northbest Series is starting tomorrow, August 7! The three races are August 7, 14, and 21, starting at Pacific Growlers off Scholls Ferry in Beaverton. The 5kSeries is $50 and there’ll be Deschutes Beer after each run.
- August 8th is the next race in the OTC Series, this one at Dorris Ranch Park in Springfield. As always, this race is free for OTC members and $5 for non-members. This edition is a 5k XC race.
- The Aurora Colony Days 5k on August 10 is only $20.
- The Scandia Run 10k/5k in Junction City, taking place on August 10, is only $20 without the shirt when you register by August 3.
- FREE RUN ALERT! The Terrain Race on Saturday, August 10 in Sherwood, Ore., is free! This somehow magically includes a finisher medal and shirt.
- Monday, August 12, there’s a Pub Run in Bend. It starts at 5:30p from The Haven, and it’s free. Please register online here so they can plan ahead!
- Sean’s Run for ARRO Autism offers a 5k and a 10k for $25. This is a great race for a great cause. The race is on Saturday, August 17 in Cascade Locks.
- The Bear Creek 5k/10k is only $20 for the 5k and $25 for the 10k. This race is on Saturday, August 17 in Vernonia.
- Saturday, August 24th there’s a fun 3.5-miler in Woodburn. The Woodbrew Fun Run is only $16 and benefits the Willamette Humane Society. What’s not to love?
- Also on Saturday, August 24 is the Bridge to Cross Family Fun Run raising funds for Salem Catholic Schools. It’s a family-friendly run for only $15! Registration includes a gender-specific shirt, too.
- ORRC’s Greenway Trail Trial is only $25 for the 10k and $20 for the 5k if you’re an ORRC member. Non-member prices are $35/$30. When you register you can also snag a pair of custom Goodr sunglasses for $15. This race is on Labor Day in Beaverton and I’m one of the volunteer Race Directors, along with Run Oregon bloggers Nikki Mueller and Abby Meek.
- The Appletree Half Marathon has a price increase on August 7 – tomorrow – at midnight. Until then sign up for the full for $110 (goes to $120) or the half for $80 (goes to $85). The race is on Sunday, August 15 and starts/ends at Ft. Vancouver. This is a Why Racing event so you know it’ll be great.
- The Bridge of the Goddess Half Marathon and 10k, hosted by Run With Paula is running on Saturday, September 14. The price will go up on August 20 from $89 to $99.
- Registration for the August 18 Gnar Gnar closes on August 12. This 6-mile Government Camp race is $70.