Welcome to the latest post in the 2019 Races on our Radar series, where we report on cool and/or low-cost races, group runs, price and registration deadlines, and other things we think you should know about it.
We would like to you hear from you, too. If you’re in the know on a race that you think others need to check out, let us know via email, twitter, or facebook! Especially if you’re a race director (or friends with one) … your info is vital to us!
Low-price & cool races coming up soon:
- Portland Parks and Rec brings its 5k to Laurelhurst Park on Sunday, August 4. It’s $10 for adults and free for youth 17 and younger.
- The next Taco Tuesday Twilight Trot is on Tuesday, August 6 at 6p from Eclectic Edge Events’ office at 750 Commercial in Eugene. It’s $20 for pre-registration and $25 DOR. Registration includes the 5k run, the post-race taco bar, and an adult beverage.
- The Run Northbest Series is coming back this August! The first three Wednesdays in August, they’ll have a 5k at Greenway Park starting at 6:30. (Meet at Pacific Growlers) The Series is $50 and there’ll be Deschutes Beer after each run.
- The Bush Park XC Series (Thursday Nights in August) starts tomorrow, August 1 and continues each week through the 29th. Run the 3k or 5k, each race is $5 each except the one on the 29th is $6.
- The Catherine Creek Classic on August 3 in Union, Ore. offers a mile, a 5k, and a half marathon – and you can sign up for any of them for $25 … including the half marathon.
- FREE RACE! The Woodburn Fiesta Run (different from the Fiesta Run that used to be held in Dayton) will run about 1.5 miles before the Woodburn Fiesta Mexicana Parade. Sign up at no cost, and add on the race shirt for just $10. The race is on Saturday, August 3.
- Homer’s Classic in Silverton is on Sunday, August 4. There’s an 8k or a 2-miler, either is just $18. This is a well-run race with a lot of history for a great price.
- The Oregon Women’s Half, hosted by Pink Buffalo Racing, will run on August 18 at the Noble Estate Winery in Eugene. Sign up online by the 17th for $55. Day of race, registration is $65.
- On August 17, the City of Salem is hosting another $5 Stride 5k. You can’t beat that!
- The Oregon Trail Run for Recovery 5k in Portland on August 17 is only $20, but registration closes on August 1. The race is at Fernhill Park and raises money for two local non-profits that help people recovering from substance abuse.
- The next two Oregon State Penitentiary Runs are August 16 (10k) and September 6 (half marathon). These are free, but you must register early to undergo a background check. Details here.
Price increases coming up:
- The Oregon Wine Country Half Marathon & 5k has a price increase on Thursday, August 1. Until then, the half is $89 and 2-person half marathon relay is $154. After that, the prices go up $10. The 5k is $49 until August 31.
- A price bump for the Huckleberry Half is on August 1 (the race is August 18). Currently, the 5k is $50, the 10k is $66, and the half is $74, after August 1 the prices are $60/$73/$79 respectively.
- Another race with a (small) price bump is the Portland Trail Series. Sign up before Thursday for $75 ($80 after). There are 5 races in the series, on August 28, September 11, September 25, October 9, and October 23.
- Registration for the August 18 Gnar Gnar closes on August 12. This 6-mile Government Camp race is $70.