If you are looking for a family-friendly event with food and fun, with the added bonus of a race to get your sweat on, the Garlic Festival – Half Marathon, 10K & 5K is an event for you (and your family). With three race distances, and a plethora of food and fun, there is something for everyone here!
The Elephant Garlic Festival occurs in North Plains, OR in the scenic countryside of rural Washington County. There is a parade, car show, live music, craft vendors, and garlicky goodies galore. Admission to the festival is free and runs from 10 am to 11 pm on Saturday. The festival is organized by the North Plains Events Association and aims to promote local fare and provide a quality, free event for the whole community.
The Half Marathon and 10K distances are a part of the ORRC Series. The half marathon course is a double loop (with a small out-and-back) of the Pumpkin Ridge Golf Course, whereas the 10K course is a single golf course loop. The 5K course circles the town of North Plains.
Finishers receive one beer, custom race Fitsok socks, and a finisher medal.
Some additional safety information to be aware of:
- Pets are not allowed at the festival
- Strollers are not allowed on the course
- Roads are not closed to traffic during the races
- The use of personal music devices is strongly discouraged in this race. To enjoy all that our race has to offer and for the safety of all participants, ORRC encourages a headphone-free environment during the running of the event.
Location: Jessie Mays Community Center, North Plains, OR
* Additional parking is located at St. Edward’s Catholic Church on the corner of NW 313th and NW Wascoe Street
Date: Saturday, August 10, 2019
Time: 7:00 am to 8:15 am
Cost: $44 – $70
Registration: ORRC 2019 Garlic Festival Registration via RunSignup