Welcome to the latest post in the 2019 Races on our Radar series, where we report on cool and/or low-cost races, group runs, price and registration deadlines, and other things we think you should know about it.
Spread the word about the All Ability Tri4Youth Triathlon! It’s on Saturday, August 10 at the HMT Recreation Complex (the main THPRD complex on SW Walker in Beaverton). This triathlon is for all youth up to age 26 and was created to remove barriers and provide more sport opportunities for disabled youth. Registration is $35 and includes lunch; volunteers are also needed (there is a need for bilingual Spanish/English volunteers as well).
- The Balloon Blast Kid’s Run for ages 3-10 in Bend is on Friday, July 26, and it’s free with a wristband to the Balloons Over Bend event.
- The Salem Stride Half Marathon at Minto-Brown Park on July 27 is only $21.
- The 5k Foot Pursuit in Keizer on Saturday is only $17. This race raises money for Special Olympics Marion County Local Program.
- One Small Step is a donation-based race taking place in Hillsboro on Saturday, with proceeds going to support efforts to raise awareness of Prader-Willi Syndrome.
- Newberg’s Old-Fashioned 5k is on Sunday, July 28, and it’s only $15.
- The Run Northbest Series is coming back this August! The first three Wednesdays in August, they’ll have a 5k at Greenway Park starting at 6:30. (Meet at Pacific Growlers) The Series is $45 and there’ll be Deschutes Beer after each run. Note: The Run Northbest 5k Series has a price increase on July 24!
- The Bush Park XC Series (Thursday Nights in August) starts August 1 and continues each week through the 29th. Run the 3k or 5k, each race is $5 each except the one on the 29th is $6.
- The Catherine Creek Classic on August 3 in Union, Ore. offers a mile, a 5k, and a half marathon – and you can sign up for any of them for $25 … including the half marathon.
- FREE RACE! The Woodburn Fiesta Run (different from the Fiesta Run that used to be held in Dayton) will run about 1.5 miles before the Woodburn Fiesta Mexicana Parade. Sign up at no cost, and add on the race shirt for just $10. The race is on Saturday, August 3.
- Homer’s Classic in Silverton is on Sunday, August 4. There’s an 8k or a 2-miler, either is just $18. This is a well-run race with a lot of history for a great price.
- August 8th is the next race in the OTC Series, this one at Dorris Ranch Park in Springfield. As always, this race is free for OTC members and $5 for non-members. This edition is a 5k XC race.
- The Aurora Colony Days 5k on August 10 is only $20.
- The Scandia Run 10k/5k in Junction City, taking place on August 10, is only $20 without the shirt when you register by August 3.
- FREE RUN ALERT! The Terrain Race on Saturday, August 10 in Sherwood, Ore., is free! This somehow magically includes a finisher medal and shirt.
- Monday, August 12, there’s a Pub Run in Bend. It starts at 5:30p from The Haven, and it’s free. Please register online here so they can plan ahead!
- There’s another Oregon State Penitentiary Run on Friday, August 16. Remember you need to register early for these runs. This one is a 5k/10k.
- FREE RUN ALERT! The Blacklight Run 5k is still a ways off, but it’s free. This race is on Saturday, September 28 at PIR.