Welcome to the latest post in the 2019 Races on our Radar series, where we report on cool and/or low-cost races, group runs, price and registration deadlines, and other things we think you should know about it.
- The July Jubilee 5k in North Bend on Saturday, July 20 is only $10 – plus there’s a free walk.
- FREE RUN ALERT! The Bubble Run 5k at PIR on July 20 is still free. You’d have to pay for parking if you drive, which is pricey, but carpool and it’s not so bad.
- The next Salem Stride is July 20. There’s a 10k for $10 and a 5k for $5, and it’s in Minto-Brown Park.
- For the kiddos, there’s the PJ’s to Pancakes Run/Walk. The kids mile is $5 and the 5k is $10 when you’re preregistered (or $10/$15 day of). The race is this Sunday, July 21 in West Linn.
- The Balloon Blast Kid’s Run for ages 3-10 in Bend is on Friday, July 26, and it’s free with a wristband to the Balloons Over Bend event.
- The Salem Stride Half Marathon at Minto-Brown Park on July 27 (next Saturday) is only $21. Yes. $21 for a half marathon.
- Also on the 27th is the $17 5k Foot Pursuit in Keizer. This race raises money for Special Olympics Marion County Local Program.
- One Small Step is a donation-based race, with proceeds going to support efforts to raise awareness of Prader-Willi Syndrome. The race is in Hillsboro on Saturday, July 27.
- Newberg’s Old-Fashioned 5k is on Sunday, July 28, and it’s only $15.
- COUPON CODE! Save $5 with code runoregon2019 when signing up for the July 28 Beaverton Sun Run. This race is capped at 250 participants, so don’t wait too long to sign up.
- The Run Northbest Series is coming back this August! The first three Wednesdays in August, they’ll have a 5k at Greenway Park starting at 6:30. (Meet at Pacific Growlers) The Series is $45 and there’ll be Deschutes Beer after each run. Note: The Run Northbest 5k Series has a price increase on July 24!
- FREE RUN ALERT! The Blacklight Run 5k is waaaaay out on the calendar, but it’s free. This race is on Saturday, September 28 at PIR.
- Beaverton Half Marathon news: This year, the finish line will be movin’ and groovin’ with tunes from the band Hit Machine! Sign up now for the 5k for $45 or the half for $79. (This is a Run With Paula event and her races are awesome.) The race is Sunday, September 22.