Welcome to the latest post in the 2019 Races on our Radar series, where we report on cool and/or low-cost races, group runs, price and registration deadlines, and other things we think you should know about it.
Shamless promotion: The race that I put on with fellow Run Oregon bloggers Nikki Mueller and Abby Meek is the ORRC Greenway Trail Trial on Labor Day. The 10k is $35 and the 5k is $30, or sign up for both for $45. The cool thing is that this is a time trial with rolling start, and you can buy a pair of Goodr sunglasses custom-made for the race for only $15 when you register! (ORRC members save $10 off race registration with online registration.) This race is put on completely by volunteers (including us) and ORRC is a non-profit organization.
Low-cost Races Coming Up Soon:
- Just announced: The Run Northbest Series will return to Beaverton this August! The first three Wednesdays in August, they’ll have a 5k at Greenway Park starting at 6:30. The Series is $45 and there’ll be Deschutes Beer after each run.
- Heads up, the next Oregon State Penitentiary Run is July 19th. Remember you need to send your registration in early for the background check, so get planning. Other dates are August 16, September 6, and October 6.
- The weekend after the 4th of July, head to Wallowa County for the Lostine River Run. Running on the 6th, this race is only $20.
- If you’d rather run at the coast, the Ocean’s Edge 5k/10k is on the 6th in Lincoln City. There’s a 5k for $15 and a 10k for $25.
- FREE RUN ALERT! The Bubble Run 5k at PIR on July 20 is free. You’d have to pay for parking if you drive, which is pricey, but carpool and it’s not so bad.
- FREE RUN ALERT! The Blacklight Run 5k is waaaaay out on the calendar, but it’s free. This race is on Saturday, September 28 at PIR.
- COUPON CODE! Save $5 with code runoregon2019 when signing up for the July 28 Beaverton Sun Run. This code is limited to the first 25 people who sign up using it!
- Looking ahead to July 27, the Salem Stride Half Marathon at Minto-Brown Park is only $21. Yes. $21 for a half marathon.
4th of July Low-cost Races
- Stayton Fun Run 3k/5k/10k is only $10 for any of those distances. The 3k specifically offers a walk in addition to a run.
- Todd Beamer Run 5k/10k/2-mile runs and 6-m walk in Madras is only $10.
- Vale 4th of July Fun Run 10k/5k is just $23.
- Register for the Sunday Evenings 5k by the 30th and it’s only $5. Wait and it’s $10! This evening race is on July 14th in Beaverton.
- Oregon Trail Game 5k will have a price increase on July 1. This race is in Oregon City on Saturday, July 13. Until then the 5k is $50 – this year’s registration includes an “eight-bit t-shirt.”