Welcome to the latest post in the 2019 Races on our Radar series, where we report on cool and/or low-cost races, group runs, price and registration deadlines, and other things we think you should know about it.
- This Thursday (the 13th) is the June Oregon Track Club Monthly Run/Walk. This one is at Island Park in Springfield, and is a 5k starting at 6p.
- On Saturday the 15th, the Moon Tree Run 5k in Cave Junction is only $20.
- Central Point’s Red, White & Blue Color Fun Run 5k is only $15 when you sign up by June 13. The race is on the 15th.
- The UndyRun 5k … where you wear undies (over your run shorts, or just by themselves) to raise funds for the Colorectal Cancer Alliance … is June 15. It’s $35, so not exactly in our “low-cost” definition, but it’s a very cool and fun race. Also I hate cancer.
- If you’re a fan of Oregon Brewery Running Series events, they’re going to Stormbreaker Brewing on June 15. This was on the Gorgeous Pub Relay and their beer is amazing.
- Another beer run coming up is the Bite of Bend Beer Run on the 16th. If you sign up ahead of time it’s $20 (it’s $30 DOR).
- On Tuesday next week (the 18th) is the last run in the PDX Run Series. It’s at 8028 NE Glisan and the run starts at 7p.
- Also on the 18th is Longest Day Run in Medford for just $20. This run starts at 7:30p.
- Friday the 21st is Salem’s Summer Solstice 5k/10k. Registration is only $16 and the races start at 7a.
- Redmond’s Summer Solstice Shuffle 5k is only $15, and it starts at 6p. There’s also a mile run.
- Ladies, sign up for FREE for the Badass Ladies’ Scavenger Hunt on Saturday, June 22, put on by Run Oregon founder Kelly Barten. You can make a donation to Reason to Run or Girls on the Run if you’re like, as well. There are long and short courses and the hunt is in the Progress Ridge neighborhood of Beaverton.
Upcoming price bumps/deadlines:
- There is a price increase for the once-again-locally-organized Rogue Run Marathon, Half Marathon, and 10k on June 15. The races are all point-to-point races finishing in Central Point (at the Jackson County Fairgrounds). The full starts in Ashland, the half starts in Talent, and the 10k starts in Medford. Until June 15, the full is $95 ($105 after), the half is $65 ($75 after), and the 10k is $45 ($55 after). The race is Saturday, October 12, 2019.
- Also on the 15th is an increase in price for the Harrisburg Firecracker 5k. On that day it will go from $20 to $25. The race is on the 30th.
- On the 16th, there’s a price bump for the Bite of Bend Beer Run. It goes up from $20 to $30 that day.