Welcome to the latest post in the 2019 Races on our Radar series, where we report on cool and/or low-cost races, group runs, price and registration deadlines, and other things we think you should know about it.
- We love free races. The Corvallis-Benton County Public Library’s Book It! 5k is FREE and coming up on this Saturday (the 8th) in Corvallis.
- Also FREE this Saturday is the 5k Foam Glow Run at PIR. (NOTE: Pick up your packet at one of the pre-race pick-up times, or there’s a $5 fee on race day.)
- The Heart of the Country 5k and 10k in Helix is $20 for either race. The race is on Saturday, June 8.
- Jennifer’s Catching Slough is $25 for registration, whether you’re signing up for the 5k, 12k, or half marathon. The race is on Saturday, June 8 in Coos Bay.
- The Kids Dash in Grants Pass on Saturday, June 8, is $10 for a fun-filled day for the little ones.
- On Sunday, June 9, there’s a Portland Parks & Rec 5k for $10 at Westmoreland Park.
- On Monday, June 10, FootZone is Bend is hosting a pub run to Avid Cider at 5:30p.
- Thursday next week (the 13th) is the June Oregon Track Club Monthly Run/Walk. This one is at Island Park in Springfield, and is a 5k starting at 6p.
- On Saturday the 15th, the Moon Tree Run 5k in Cave Junction is only $20.
- Central Point’s Red, White & Blue Color Fun Run 5k is only $15 when you sign up by June 13. The race is on the 15th.
- The UndyRun 5k … where you wear undies (over your run shorts, or just by themselves) to raise funds for the Colorectal Cancer Alliance … is June 15. It’s $35, so not exactly in our “low-cost” definition, but it’s a very cool and fun race. Also I hate cancer.
- If you’re a fan of Oregon Brewery Running Series events, they’re going to Stormbreaker Brewing on June 15. This was on the Gorgeous Pub Relay and their beer is amazing.
- Another beer run coming up is the Bite of Bend Beer Run on the 16th. If you sign up ahead of time it’s $20 (it’s $30 DOR).
- Medford’s Longest Day 5k is on Tuesday, June 18, and is only $20. This is an evening race starting at 7:30p.
- In Portland on the 18th, Therapeutic Associates is hosting another PDX Run Series event. This one is at 7p from their clinic at 8028 NE Glisan.
- Friday the 21st is Salem’s Summer Solstice 5k/10k. Registration is only $16 and the races start at 7a.
- Ladies, sign up for FREE for the Badass Ladies’ Scavenger Hunt on Saturday, June 22, put on by Run Oregon founder Kelly Barten. You can make a donation to Reason to Run or Girls on the Run if you’re like, as well. There are long and short courses and the hunt is in the Progress Ridge neighborhood of Beaverton.
Upcoming price bump:
The 4th of July Flat Half, Full Marathon, 10k and 5k have a price increase on June 11. This is also the last date to sign up with a customized bib! Sign up by then for the full for $95, the half for $78, the 10k for $55, or the 5k for $40 (all prices listed without shirt). This race is run out on Sauvie Island.