Welcome to the latest post in the 2019 Races on our Radar series, where we report on cool and/or low-cost races, group runs, price and registration deadlines, and other things we think you should know about it.
Here are our low-cost recommendations for this weekend:
- There’s a FREE 5k this Saturday, June 1, put on by Reason to Run. Donations are accepted for their programs putting on 5k training programs for women in correctional facilities – a great cause and organized by friends of the blog. The Reason to Run 5k is in West Linn and you can register online here.
- The Run with the Eagle 5k from Sexton Mountain Elementary in Beaverton is only $10 and a good chance to test your speed on hills. This race is on Saturday, June 1.
- In Stayton on Saturday, June 1, the Santiam Hospital Fun Run is only $10. There’s a 5k and 10k.
- This Saturday in Bend is the $15 Interact Color Run 5k, put on Summit High School students, raises funds for the nonprofit Ten Friends, which organizes health and education programs in Nepal.
- Another race this Saturday in Bend raises funds for the Crook County School XC Teams: The Webfoot Waddle 5k and 10k. It’s only $20 per person at the Crooked River Wetlands.
- The Gold Dust Run includes a 10k and a 5k for $25, putting the 10k in our “low-price” category. The race is on Saturday, June 1 in Gold Hill.
- In Klamath Falls on Saturday, June 1, the Remembrance Run 5k is only $15 and includes a free kid’s run.
- In Baker City, the Run to the Ruts 5k/10k is only $15 per person. Get a registration form here or sign up at the race on Sunday, June 2, starting at 8a.
- Salem’s Capitol FC Half, scheduled for June 2, has early registration prices good through May 30th. Sign up by then for the half marathon or 10k for $40 or the 5k for $35. After that, the races are $60 for the half and 10k and $40 for the 5k.
- The next Taco Tuesday Twilight Trot is on Tuesday, June 4 at 6p from Eclectic Edge Events’ office at 750 Commercial in Eugene. It’s $20 for pre-registration and $25 DOR. Registration includes the 5k run, the post-race taco bar, and an adult beverage.
- Next Friday, June 7 is the next Oregon State Penitentiary Run. It’s a FREE 5k and 10k, with the next race after that taking place on Friday, July 19. Remember you need to register early for a background check, so jump on this if you want to race behind the walls.
- The Corvallis-Benton County Public Library’s Book It! 5k is FREE and coming up on Saturday June 8 in Corvallis.
- Also FREE is the 5k Foam Glow Run at PIR on Saturday, June 8. (NOTE: Pick up your packet at one of the pre-race pick-up times, or there’s a $5 fee on race day.)
- The Heart of the Country 5k and 10k in Helix is $20 for either race. The race is on Saturday, June 8.
- Jennifer’s Catching Slough is $25 for registration, whether you’re signing up for the 5k, 12k, or half marathon. The race is on Saturday, June 8 in Coos Bay.
- The Kids Dash in Grants Pass on Saturday, June 8, is $10 for a fun-filled day for the little ones.
- On Sunday, June 9, there’s a Portland Parks & Rec 5k for $10 at Westmoreland Park.
- On Monday, June 10, FootZone is Bend is hosting a pub run to Avid Cider at 5:30p.
- And ladies, don’t forget to sign up for FREE for the Badass Ladies’ Scavenger Hunt on Saturday, June 22, put on by Run Oregon founder Kelly Barten. You can make a donation to Reason to Run or Girls on the Run if you’re like, as well. There are long and short courses all around Beaverton’s Progress Ridge area.
Price increases and deadlines this week:
- The Timberline Marathon and Half Marathon has a price increase on May 30th. Sign up by then for the marathon for $70 (goes to $80) or the half for $65 (goes to $75). The race is on the 15th (full and half) and 16th (another half).
- The Dirty Half (running on Sunday, June 9) has a price increase on May 31. Until then, you can sign up for $50.
- The ECEC Butterfly Run on June 22 has a price bump on May 31 from $20 to $25.
- Registration for the Rose City Relay closes on May 31st. The relay is on Saturday, June 29 in Portland.
- Run the Willamette Valley 2.6-mile Mini Marathon, scheduled for July 4th, for just $15 when you sign up on or before May 31.