What better way to spend Father’s Day weekend than by running with (or for) your old man? Organized by Terrapin Events, the Grateful Dad is a Father’s Day staple. Runners can participate in a half marathon, 10k, 5k, or kids race, so the entire family can enjoy running along the Columbia River with beautiful cascade views. The course is flat, fast, and both USATF certified and chip-timed.
Unsurprisingly, a race that celebrates dads will be full of support and there will be aid stations every two miles. Finishers receive a t-shirt and medal. After the race, runners will be treated to a celebration breakfast, music by a Grateful Dead cover band, and a beer garden.
Come celebrate all the fathers, stepdads, uncles, grandfathers, neighbors, friends, and father figures who give us reasons to be grateful. The Grateful Dad is a wonderful addition to your Father’s Day weekend plans, and dad jokes are welcome every step of the way.
No, not yet—but I’ll make it to Boston one of these years.
What: Grateful Dad
Distance: Half marathon, 10k, 5k, kids race
Where: All races start and finish in front of Kliever Memorial Armory (10000 NE 33rd Drive, Portland)
When: Saturday, June 15th
Packet Pick Up:
- Friday, June 14th from 11:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. at Road Runner Sports (29 NW 23rd Place, Portland)
- Saturday, June 15th at 7:30 a.m. at the event
- Kids race – 8:10 a.m.
- Half marathon – 8:30 a.m.
- 10k – 8:30 a.m.
- 5k – 9:30 a.m.
Cost: (Price noted for day of registration. Discounts available for early registration or registering for multiple Terrapin events)
- Half marathon – $99 adults, $61 kids 16 and under
- 10k – $74 adults, $45 kids 16 and under
- 5k – $60 adults, $37 kids 16 and under
- Kids race (shirt not included) – $12 (parents welcome to run along for free)
- Print form and mail to Terrapin Events, PO Box 15257, Portland, OR 97293. Mail must be received (not postmarked) by June 7th
- Register in person before store close on June th
- Road Runner Sports 29 NW 23rd Place, Portland, OR
- Road Runner Sports – 7063 Nyberg Street, Tualatin
- Fleet Feet- 2258 NW Raleigh St, Portland
- Fleet Feet – 700 SE 160th St, Vancouver WA
- Online by June 13th
- Race weekend at packet pick up