Welcome to the latest post in the 2019 Races on our Radar series, where we report on cool and/or low-cost races, group runs, price and registration deadlines, and other things we think you should know about it.
The official start of summer might be a month away, but the race calendar is running at full speed!
Here are our low-cost recommendations for this weekend:
- On Friday, May 24, you can join in the Start of Summer 5k in Vale for just $20.
- This Saturday, there are great races in Echo, Spray, Salem, Eugene, and Joseph:
- In Echo, we’re talking about the Echo Memorial Day Car Show Fun Run. It’s only $20 for your choice of 5k or 10k.
- In Spray, the Eastern Oregon Half Marathon/10k/5k can be run for just $35 for any distance.
- Salem has the best-priced race of the weekend, with the STRIDE $5 5k. This month’s run is at the Riverfront and Wallace Marine Parks; check out the full schedule here. (Note that 10k runs are $10 and the half marathon is $13.)
- The Ridgeline Ramble in Eugene offers a 20k or 10k for just $30 if you sign up online by the 24th. These trail distances start with a shuttle to the start, making them a fun point-to-point run.
- There’s a price increase tomorrow for the Hurricane Half/5k, running on Saturday, May 25 in Joseph. Sign up by then for the half for $35 or the 5k for just $15. Starting on Thursday, prices go to $45/$20.
- No races on Sunday, but since Monday is Memorial Day, we hope you can get outside to enjoy the weather and pay your respects to those who have fought or are currently defending our country. Our pick for Monday is Miles on Memorial, running in Eugene with a 5k, 10k, and 15k. Registration for any distance is $25.
Price increases and deadlines:
- The Taste of Parkrose 5k is only $20 if you sign up TODAY. The race is on Saturday, June 22.
- The Gorgeous Wine Country Relay has a price increase on May 22. This relay is on Sunday, July 14.
- Salem’s Capitol FC Half, scheduled for June 2, has early registration prices good through May 30th. Sign up by then for the half marathon or 10k for $40 or the 5k for $35. After that, the races are $60 for the half and 10k and $40 for the 5k.
- The Timberline Marathon and Half Marathon has a price increase on May 30th. Sign up by then for the marathon for $70 (goes to $80) or the half for $65 (goes to $75). The race is on the 15th (full and half) and 16th (another half).
- The ECEC Butterfly Run on June 22 has a price bump on May 31 from $20 to $25.
- Registration for the Rose City Relay closes on May 31st. The relay is on Saturday, June 29 in Portland.
- Run the Willamette Valley 2.6-mile Mini Marathon, scheduled for July 4th, for just $15 when you sign up on or before May 31.