Welcome to the latest post in the 2019 Races on our Radar series, where we report on cool and/or low-cost races, group runs, price and registration deadlines, and other things we think you should know about it.
There are a number of great low-cost races this weekend for you to check out.
On Saturday, May 18:
- The Banks Linear Trail run has a free kid’s run, plus a 5k and 10k for just $20. Starting at Banks High School, the route includes the Banks-Vernonia State Trail.
- Also priced at $20 is the Focus on Hope 5k/Mile in Roseburg.
- Another $20 race is the Rhody Run in Florence. For that price, you can sign up for the 10k or 5k.
- The Team Up For Students 5k in Cornelius is only $15.
- There’s also a $5 race taking place in Hillsboro on Saturday. The Healthy Hillsboro 5k is at Rood Bridge Park at 9a.
On Sunday, May 19:
- Klamath Falls is another city offering $5 races. This week, their run series offers the Moore Park 9k for only $5.
- Portland Parks & Rec is putting on a 5k at Lents Park this Sunday for only $10.
- The Canyonville Middle School 5k is on Sunday as well, and is $15 to sign up.
On Monday (May 20), there are 2 free special group runs:
- In Bend, the place to be is the Crater Lake Pub Run. It’s free, but you need to sign up.
- In Oregon City, Therapeutic Associates is hosting their next run in the PDX Run Series.
Also this week is a TrackTown Youth League meet on Monday the 21st in Warrenton. Other meets for May are scheduled for the 29th (Eugene), 29th (E. PDX), 30th (Hermiston), and 31st (Klamath Falls).
Price increases and deadlines:
- Running the Santiam Hospital Fun Run in Statyon on June 1? Sign up by the 20th to get the shirt included for the 10k or 5k, priced at $15. After that, the race is $10 but you don’t get the race shirt.
- The Taste of Parkrose 5k is only $20 if you sign up by May 21. The race is on Saturday, June 22.
- The Gorgeous Wine Country Relay has a price increase on May 22. This relay is on Sunday, July 14.
- There’s a price increase on May 22 for the Hurricane Half/5k, running on Saturday, May 25 in Joseph. Sign up by then for the half for $35 or the 5k for just $15. On the 22nd prices go to $45/$20 (still great prices).
- Salem’s Capitol FC Half, scheduled for June 2, has early registration prices good through May 30th. Sign up by then for the half marathon or 10k for $40 or the 5k for $35. After that, the races are $60 for the half and 10k and $40 for the 5k.
- The Timberline Marathon and Half Marathon has a price increase on May 30th. Sign up by then for the marathon for $70 (goes to $80) or the half for $65 (goes to $75). The race is on the 15th (full and half) and 16th (another half).
- The ECEC Butterfly Run in Elkton on June 22 has a price bump on May 31 from $20 to $25.
- Registration for the Rose City Relay closes on May 31st. The relay is on Saturday, June 29 in Portland.
- Run the Willamette Valley 2.6-mile Mini Marathon, scheduled for July 4th, for just $15 when you sign up on or before May 31.