Welcome to the latest post in the 2019 Races on our Radar series, where we report on cool and/or low-cost races, group runs, price and registration deadlines, and other things we think you should know about it.
There is SO MUCH going on this weekend and next weekend, so I’ve picked out my favorites. To see the full Pacific NW Race Calendar, click here, and find the event that speaks to you! Please be sure to check the bulleted lists below for the next two Saturdays and Sundays, and in-between for runs falling on weekdays.
This Thursday in Coos Bay there is a TrackTown Youth League Meet starting at 4p at Marshfield High School. These meets are FREE and are for kids 7-14.
This Friday in Willamina there is a TrackTown Youth League Meet starting at 4p at Willamina High School. Again, FREE, and for kids 7-14.
On Saturday, May 4, here are my picks:
- The World Vision Global 6K for Water looks like an amazing event. The race aims to increase awareness and raise funds to support people that lack access to clean water, and is set at 6k because that’s a common distance for people to have to trek to find some. There’s even a “jerry can challenge” where participants lug about 40lb of water with them. There’s a promo code FARMERS to save $10 off the $50 adult registration fee; ages 18 and younger can run/walk for just $25. The race is in Bend
- The Loyalty Days Run in Newport is run on a parade route just ahead of the floats, so there’s a great crowd to cheer participants on. The race is 2 miles and registration is only $10 through 5/3.
- The OSU College of Veterinary Medicine Pet Day 5k is only $20 and raises funds for student activities. Dogs are encouraged (on leash!) but you can also run or walk without one. The course is on the OSU campus and a fun, laid-back race.
- The Run Moore 5k in Klamath Falls and is only $15 for adults in the 5k. The run is at Upper Moore Park and starts at 9a (register ahead of time at the park).
- The Victor Point Run for the Hills in Silverton raises funds for Victor Point K-8 School. There’s a 5k for $20, a 10k for $25, and a 30k for $30, all great prices for a great cause. There’s even a kid’s mile for just $10.
- Kids 7-14 can participate for free in the TrackTown Youth League Meet at Hood River Valley High School.
For Sunday, May 5, check these out:
- The Eugene Peace Run, taking place at Alton Baker Park with a 9a start, offers a 10k and 5k for just $20 when you sign up online ahead of time. Kids 12 and younger can run with an adult for no charge.
- The Linkville Lopers Race Series 7k is an option in Klamath Falls for just $5, or $20 for the full series. Other races are on May 12 and 19, plus a final race to be scheduled.
Tuesday, May 7 is the next free group run in the PDX Run Series. This one is located at Happy Valley Physical Therapy at 14679 SE Sunnyside Rd, Suite A. It starts at 7p and will cap the night off with refreshments.
The next Taco Tuesday Twilight Trot is also on Tuesday, May 7 at 6p from Eclectic Edge Events’ office at 750 Commercial in Eugene. It’s $20 for pre-registration and $25 DOR. Registration includes the 5k run, the post-race taco bar, and an adult beverage.
Also in Eugene is the OTC Race #3 at 6p on Thursday, May 9 at Alton Baker Park. The race is a 5k on Pre’s Trail and is only $5 for non-OTC members and free for members.
For Saturday, May 11, you might like:
- The Legacy Silverton Memorial Hospital Fun Run 5k is only $15 for the 5k and $5 for the kid’s run.
- The Butte Challenge in Hermiston includes a 5k and a 10k, both priced at only $20. There are family packs available too, saving you $5 when you sign up a family of 4.
- Kids 7-14 can participate for free in the TrackTown Youth League Meet at Century High School in Hillsboro.
On Sunday, May 12, may I recommend:
- Kids 7-14 can participate for free in the TrackTown Youth League Meet at St. Mary’s School in Medford.
- Klamath Falls hosts the Linkville Lopers Race Series 8k for just $5, or $20 for the full series. After this race there’s only 2 more!
Deadlines/Price bumps to be aware of:
Heads up: Future dates for the Oregon State Penitentiary Runs are May 17, June 7, July 19, August 16, September 6, and October 6. You need to fill out a form for a background check in order to register, so plan ahead! Here’s more information, and here’s our original blog post about this unique, life-changing program.
The Eastern Oregon Half Marathon in Spray on May 25 is only $35 for the half, 10k, or 5k.
The Hurricane Creek Half/5k in Joseph on May 25 is only $30 for the half or 5k.