Welcome to the latest post in the 2019 Races on our Radar series, where we report on cool and/or low-cost races, group runs, price and registration deadlines, and other things we think you should know about it.
Let’s Get Ready To “Runnnnnnn-ble!”
Online registration for the 2019 Eugene Marathon weekend of events closes tomorrow, April 24!
Speaking of TrackTown, keep in mind the TrackTown Youth League schedule. In addition to the girl’s event tomorrow in Hood River (see below), there are meets coming up on Saturday, April 27 in Prairie City and Thursday May 2 in Coos Bay. Check out the full schedule and get links to registration here.
This week there are a few really great prices on community races that benefit very worth causes. On Saturday in Hermiston, the Steps-to-Success 5k/10k is just $15 with proceeds benefiting Special Olympics of Oregon. And then in Stayton (also on Saturday), the Stayton Elementary River Run 5k/10k is only $10 and is raising funds for the school’s PTO.
Portland Parks & Rec is hosting a 5k on Sunday, April 28, and it’s only $10 for adults. This PPR 5k is at Fernhill Park; and if you want to see the full schedule, click here. At all of them, kids 17 and younger run free! These low-cost races are vital to making running events accessible to more people and it’s great to see our community embracing this!
Other Low-cost and/or Cool Races:
- Next Wednesday (the 24th) in Hood River there is a TrackTown Youth League workshop for girls age 7-14 that want to learn more about running track. It starts at 6p at Hood River Valley High School.
- Next Friday (the 26th) is the next Oregon State Penitentiary Run. It’s too late to register for this one, but click on the link to see the remaining schedule and plan ahead.
- On Saturday (the 27th) in Corvallis, HOTV Runners is hosting their Spring Six race, a 6k that’s only $20. There are also 100m, 200m, and 400m kids runs for just $2 per kid.
- Also on Saturday the 27th, the Truffle Shuffle 5k/10k is only $20, and finishers get a chocolate finishers medal. This race is in Baker City and the chocolate medals are locally-made!
- On Sunday (the 28th) in Klamath Falls is the Linkville Lopers Race Series 6k for just $5, or $20 for the full series. Other races are on May 5, 12, and 19, with a final race to be scheduled.
- The next PDX Run Series will be on April 30 at Northeast Portland Physical Therapy, located at 4040 NE Fremont St. This is a free group run, starting at 6:45p, and is open to all paces.
Price Bumps Coming Up Soon:
- The last day to sign up relay team members for the 2019 Gorgeous Portland Pub Relay is Sunday, April 28. The relay is on Saturday, May 18 in Portland.
- Prices for the 2019 Cinco de Mayo will go up on May 2 (the race is on May 5). Currently, the half is $99 (goes up to $109), the 10k is $69 (goes up to $79), and the 5k is $51 (goes up to $60).
- The Willamette Valley Marathon has a price bump scheduled for Thursday, May 2. Until then, the marathon is $100, the half is $85, the 10k is $65, and the half marathon relay is $110. The race itself is on Sunday, May 19 in Salem.