Welcome to the latest post in the 2019 Races on our Radar series, where we report on cool and/or low-cost races, group runs, price and registration deadlines, and other things we think you should know about it.
Regarding the Lost in the Sauce 50k, 30k, and 10k: Minto Brown Park is flooded, so this year’s race is moving to Bush’s Pasture Park. If you’re signed up, you should have gotten an email, but make sure you have this noted!
Another note: the Oregon Brewery Series is at Stickmen Brewing in Tualatin this Saturday. Go check it out and see what a great area this is to run in … then make plans to join the Run Oregon Stickmen Run every Friday at 5:20p!
Speaking of group runs … we’re launching a new women’s group run called Wonder Woman Wednesdays. We meet at the Murray Scholls branch of the Beaverton Library at 5:50p each Wednesday for a 2-mile run targeting a 12-min per mile pace. Need a walk break? We use the safe word “bananas” at our group runs and fully support walk breaks!
Other Low-cost and/or Cool Races:
- The Peace of Joe 5k on May 20th in Forest Grove goes to support women in recovery. Registration is $25. This is an excellent cause and one worth supporting!
- Also on the 20th is the Goat Mountain Gallop. Their half marathon is only $35 without a shirt ($45 with) and you can sign up online here. It’s a point-to-point course, with parking at Molalla High School.
- One more race on the 20th is the Run for the Son 5k, an Easter-themed race to “burn off extra calories.” It’s only $10, and it’s in Rainier.
- Next Tuesday (the 23rd) is the first group run in the PDX Run Series hosted by Therapeutic Associates. The run is at Gresham Physical Therapy at 283 NW Miller and will start with a warm-up at 6:45p.
- Next Wednesday (the 24th) in Hood River there is a TrackTown Youth League workshop for girls age 7-14 that want to learn more about running track. It starts at 6p at Hood River Valley High School.
- Next Friday (the 26th) is the next Oregon State Penitentiary Run. Fill out and mail in this form (there’s a background check required to run there) and get ready for an experience that will change your perspective.
Price Bumps Coming Up Soon:
- Prices for the 2019 Cinco de Mayo will go up on May 2 (the race is on May 5). Currently, the half is $99 (goes up to $109), the 10k is $69 (goes up to $79), and the 5k is $51 (goes up to $60).
- The Willamette Valley Marathon has a price bump scheduled for Thursday, May 2. Until then, the marathon is $100, the half is $85, the 10k is $65, and the half marathon relay is $110. The race itself is on Sunday, May 19 in Salem.