Welcome to the latest post in the 2019 Races on our Radar series, where we report on cool and/or low-cost races, group runs, price and registration deadlines, and other things we think you should know about it.
Other Low-cost and/or Cool Races:
- This Thursday is the OTC Race Series #2, starting at 6p at Alton Baker Park in Eugene. There’s a 10k and a 5k for $5 (free if you’re an OTC member).
- This spring’s first TrackTown Youth League meet for ages 7-14 is this Friday, April 12 at Roosevelt High School in Portland. Registration is FREE.
- A popular race, the Save the Bee 5k, in Veneta is this Saturday, April 13. Sign up online for $25 or DOR for $30.
- The Camellia Run in Newburg is this Saturday, April 13, and you can choose either the 10k or 5k for $30. Sign up online by the 11th for this price.
- Also on the 13th is the Splash N Dash 5k & 10k in Tillamook. Both the 5k and 10k are priced at $30.
- Sunday, April 14th is the Bridgeway Run for Autism in Eugene. There is a 5k and an 8k, both priced at only $15 when you sign up online.
- In Salem on Sunday the 14th, there is a donation-registration 5k at McColloch Stadium. The Tracy Hoffman Memorial 1-mile/5k Walk/Run raises funds for the Oregon Chapter of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
- The Peace of Joe 5k on May 20th in Forest Grove goes to support women in recovery. Registration is $25. This is an excellent cause and one worth supporting!
- Also on the 20th is the Goat Mountain Gallop. Their half marathon is only $35 without a shirt ($45 with) and you can sign up online here. It’s a point-to-point course, with parking at Molalla High School.
- One more race on the 20th is the Run for the Son 5k, an Easter-themed race to “burn off extra calories.” It’s only $10, and it’s in Rainier.
Price Bumps Coming Up Soon:
- The Lake Run in Lake Oswego will run on Saturday, May 11 and has a price increase on April 11. Until then the 10k is $45 and the 5k is $40. After that, prices go up $5.
- Sign up for the Bridge to Brews by April 11 to save yourself $10. Until then, the price for either the 10k or 8k is $69. The race is on Sunday, April 14 in downtown Portland.
- The Hop Hop Half is on Saturday, April 20, but the deadline to register and get the shirt size you want is this Friday, April 12.