Welcome to the latest post in the 2019 Races on our Radar series, where we report on cool and/or low-cost races, group runs, price and registration deadlines, and other things we think you should know about it.
Low-cost and/or Cool Races:
- The Stoller Vineyard 5k is this Saturday, April 6 and is only $20! This includes a wine tasting. I’ll be there – walking it with my mom!
- Out Run Hunger 5k/10k in Toledo this Saturday raises funds for the Toledo Food Pantry. Sign up for either distance for $25 – that’s a great price on a 10k! There’s an after party, too.
- The 5k Migratory Run (Part of the Rogue Fish Migration Day Festival) on April 6 is only $20 when you sign up by 4/4. This race is in Grants Pass.
- The South Coast Running Club’s Salmon Run in Powers offers a 10k and 5k on April 6, priced at $25 when you sign up online.
- The Shotgun Trail Blast on April 6 offers a 5k and 10k for $20, a 25k for $30, and a 50k for $45. All these trail races are running in Marcola.
- The Oregon Track Club’s Monthly Race Series hosts their 2nd race on Thursday, April 11 in Eugene. This race includes a 10k and a 5k from Alton Baker Park. Cost is only $5 for non-OTC members (members participate for free.)
- For the kiddos! Ages 7-12 can run, jump, or throw at the first TrackTown Youth League meet, taking place on Friday, April 12 at Roosevelt High School in Portland. Registration is FREE.
- Saturday, April 13th, the Camellia Run in Newburg offers a 10k or 5k for $30. That fits in our “low-price” column for the 10k! Sign up online by the 11th for this price.
- The Pear Blossom Run is scheduled for Saturday, April 13 in Medford, and if you sign up by April 8 the prices are $30 for the 10-miler and $23 for the 5k. After that, the prices go up to $40/$33. There is also a 1-miler and a 2-miler, both listed at $8.
- Also on the 13th is the Splash N Dash 5k & 10k in Tillamook. Both the 5k and 10k are priced at $30.
- Sunday, April 14th is the Bridgeway Run for Autism in Eugene. There is a 5k and an 8k, both priced at $15 when you sign up online.
- In Salem on Sunday the 14th, there is a donation-registration 5k at McColloch Stadium. The Tracy Hoffman Memorial 1-mile/5k Walk/Run raises funds for the Oregon Chapter of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
- The Peace of Joe 5k on the 20th in Forest Grove goes to support women in recovery. This is an excellent cause and one worth supporting!
Price Bumps Coming Up Soon:
- The Warrior Dash has a price increase on April 4; until then the mile is $59, the 5k is $79, and the 10k is $94. Through this Sunday, looks like you can save an extra 25% using the code MARCHMUD19. The race is Saturday, May 18.
- The price for the April 7th Oregon Women’s Half Marathon will go up on race day from $65 to $75. Save yourself some money by signing up by April 6th! The race is at Noble Estate Winery in Eugene.
- The Lake Run in Lake Oswego will run on Saturday, May 11 and has a price increase on April 11. Until then the 10k is $45 and the 5k is $40. After that, prices go up $5.
- Sign up for the Bridge to Brews by April 11 to save yourself $10. Until then, the price for either the 10k or 8k is $69. The race is on Sunday, April 14 in downtown Portland.