Welcome to the latest post in the 2019 Races on our Radar series, where we report on cool and/or low-cost races, group runs, price and registration deadlines, and other things we think you should know about it.
You’ll notice this week’s is a REALLY long list of races – every year, without fail, after the Shamrock Run the number of races really takes off. We encourage you to check out the Run Oregon Race Calendar and choose races that mean something to you personally! Here are two that we want to be sure are on your radar:
- One of my FAVORITE races is coming up really soon: The Stoller Vineyard 5k! It’s running on Saturday, April 6 and is only $20. This includes a wine tasting for those 21+ with ID.
- Also important to note is that Sunday, April 14 is the Bridge to Brews, and this is the last time the race will cross the Fremont Bridge. If you want to participate, don’t wait to sign up! Registration is $69 for either the 10k or 8k when you sign up by the 11th. DOR prices jump to $75.
Other Low-cost and/or Cool Races Coming Up Next Weekend:
Saturday, April 6:
- Out Run Hunger 5k/10k in Toledo raises funds for the Toledo Food Pantry. Sign up for either distance for $25 – that’s a great price on a 10k! There’s an after party, too.
- In Eugene, you can participate in the Race For The Water, put on by the Eugene Nazarene Church. Again, each distance is the same price ($30) and there is a 10k, 5k, and 1k.
- The 5k Migratory Run (Part of the Rogue Fish Migration Day Festival) is only $20 when you sign up by 4/4. This race is in Grants Pass.
- The South Coast Running Club’s Salmon Run in Powers offers a 10k and 5k, priced at $25 when you sign up online.
- The Shotgun Trail Blast offers a 5k and 10k for $20, a 25k for $30, and a 50k for $45. All these trail races are running in Marcola.
- The Lebanon Walk a Mile for a Child includes a 5k for just $20 when you sign up online by March 31. There’s also a 1-mile walk for $15. The funds from this event support child abuse awareness in Linn County, so it’s a great cause.
Sunday, April 7:
- The half marathon at Bend’s Salmon Run is only $50. There’s also a 10k and a 5k at $40, so the half is defnitely the best deal.
Other Low-cost and/or Cool Races after next weekend:
- The next Taco Tuesday Twilight Trot is on Tuesday, April 2 at 6p from Eclectic Edge Events’ office at 750 Commercial in Eugene. It’s $20 for pre-registration and $25 DOR. Registration includes the 5k run, the post-race taco bar, and an adult beverage.
- The Oregon Track Club’s Monthly Race Series hosts their 2nd race on Thursday, April 11 in Eugene. This race includes a 10k and a 5k from Alton Baker Park. Cost is only $5 for non-OTC members (members participate for free.)
- For the kiddos! Ages 7-12 can run, jump, or throw at the first TrackTown Youth League meet, taking place on Friday, April 12 at Roosevelt High School in Portland. Registration is FREE.
- The Corvallis Half Marathon/5k weekend (the 5k is on the 13th and the half is on the 14th) also includes a FREE family 1 mile/1k on Saturday, the 13th. (Sign up online for free or it’s $5 DOR. Shirt deadline is March 31.)
- The Corvallis Half Marathon/5k weekend ALSO includes something called the “Sick Town Mile.” It’s part maze, part obstacle course, and part escape from the Sick Town Derby Dames (a roller derby team). This sounds like a crazy fun a definitely unique experience, and it’s only $5. This will take place on Saturday, April 13.
- Saturday, April 13th, the Camellia Run in Newburg offers a 10k or 5k for $30. That fits in our “low-price” column for the 10k! Sign up online by the 11th for this price.
- The Pear Blossom Run is scheduled for Saturday, April 13 in Medford, and if you sign up by April 8 the prices are $30 for the 10-miler and $23 for the 5k. After that, the prices go up to $40/$33. There is also a 1-miler and a 2-miler, both listed at $8.
- Also on the 13th is the Splash N Dash 5k & 10k in Tillamook. Both the 5k and 10k are priced at $30.
- Sunday, April 14th is the Bridgeway Run for Autism in Eugene. There is a 5k and an 8k, both priced at $15 when you sign up online.
- In Salem on Sunday the 14th, there is a donation-registration 5k at McColloch Stadium. The Tracy Hoffman Memorial 1-mile/5k Walk/Run raises funds for the Oregon Chapter of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
Price Bumps Coming Up Soon:
- The Grapes of Half Half Marathon, running on Sunday, May 19, has a price bump on April 1. Until then, sign up for the half for $55. Aftewards, the price goes up to $65.
- The 4th of July Flat Half, Full Marathon, 10k and 5k have a price increase on April 1. Sign up by then for the full for $90, the half for $72, the 10k for $50, or the 5k for $38 (all prices listed without shirt). This race is run out on Sauvie Island.
- Uberthon’s Oregon Spring Half Marathon has a price bump on April 1 as well. Until then, the price is $70, and then jumps to $75. The other race distances do not have a price increase.
- The Sisters Better Half Marathon, running on Saturday, May 11, has a price increase on April 1. Until then the half marathon is $50, the quarter-marathon is $30, and the 2-person half marathon relay is $60. After that, registration zips up $10/person.
- The Warrior Dash has a price increase on April 4; until then the mile is $59, the 5k is $79, and the 10k is $94. Through this Sunday, looks like you can save an extra 25% using the code MARCHMUD19. The race is Saturday, May 18.
- The price for the April 7th Oregon Women’s Half Marathon will go up on race day from $65 to $75. Save yourself some money by signing up by April 6th! The race is at Noble Estate Winery in Eugene.
- The Lake Run in Lake Oswego will run on Saturday, May 11 and has a price increase on April 11. Until then the 10k is $45 and the 5k is $40. After that, prices go up $5.