Welcome to the latest post in the 2019 Races on our Radar series, where we report on cool and/or low-cost races, group runs, price and registration deadlines, and other things we think you should know about it.
Low-cost and/or Cool Races Coming Up Soon:
- The Vortex Half Marathon & 10 Trail Run on March 23 is only $50/$30 when you sign up online. This race is at Milo McIver State Park near Estacada. Hosted by Run Wild Adventures, these are low-key races with a friendly atmosphere.
- The Hack n’ Dash Fiddlers is a very unique run I’ve never seen anywhere else. You play golf and run, choosing your distance/number of holes to play. The race is on Saturday, March 23 in Eugene and starts at $25/person.
- On Saturday, March 30, Central Point is hosting the Stagecoach Run. Both the 5k and 10k are $25, making the 10k a definitely “low-cost” race!
- The Tri-Trail Challenge is coming up on Sunday, March 31, and this is one crazy unique race. There are three distances: 8k, 1k, and 3k, run by each participants. After the 8k, runners start the next segment based on their 8k finish time. The race is in Eugene and is $30 when you register online.
- The Stoller 5k Vineyard Run is on Saturday, April 6 outside Dayton at Stoller Vineyards. It’s a 5k mix of cross-country and road. Participants get a free wine tasting and 20% off any wine purchases the day of the race, and all proceeds go to support high school sports.
Brand New Race Alert:
The Inaugural Cascade Locks Triathlon/Duathlon/Half Marathon will be on Satuday, June 8 in Cascade Locks. The race will start with swimmers plunging into the river from the Columbia Gorge Sternwheeler! There is a long course tri, a short course tri, and a triathlon relay, a long course duathlon, short course du, and du relay, and the individual half marathon. But perhaps most exciting of all is that this event is put on by friend of the blog Teresa Wymetalek and her brother David Hurford. Funds raised will support Friends of the Columbia Gorge and the Knight Cancer Institute at OHSU.
Price Bump Coming Up Soon:
I know it’s far, far in the future, but you can sign up for the 2020 Shamrock Run right now for only $35 for the 15k, $52 for the half, $30 for the 8k, and $27 for the 5k. These prices are only good for the next FOUR DAYS (through March 23).
Prices for the 2019 Cinco de Mayo will go up on March 22. Until then, the half is $89 but will go up to $99. The 10k, currently at $64, and the 5k, currently at $46, will both go up $5. The race itself is on Sunday, May 5.