Welcome to the latest post in the 2019 Races on our Radar series, where we report on cool and/or low-cost races, group runs, price and registration deadlines, and other things we think you should know about it. I missed last week, due to some family health issues, so this week has to count for two!
Low-cost Races Coming Up Soon:
- Starting this Thursday (March 14), the Oregon Track Club is back with it’s $5 race series. The OTC Race #1 is a 5k from Alton Baker Park (free for OTC members). Race starts at 6p. Check it out here.
- There’s a $15 St. Patrick’s-themed race: The Shamrock Shuffle 5k in Eagle Point on Saturday, March 16 … and that includes the t-shirt. Without the shirt, it’s only $8!
- Also on Saturday the 16th is the Salem Paddy Pint, with a 10k for just $30 (the 5k is $25). There’s also a free kid’s quarter-mile.
- The St. Paddy Day Columbia River Run/Walk is $10 without the shirt, just mail in a registration form ahead of time! Click here for the form and scroll to the 2nd page. This race is in The Dalles and starts at the very reasonable time of 10a from Lewis & Clark Festival Park.
- On St. Patrick’s Day (Sunday, March 17) in Prineville, you can run the Prineville Paddy Pint 2-miler/5k/10k – any distance is just $29. The proceeds from this race benefit a local program to provide free dental care to kids in need.
- There’s a half marathon running through the Woodburn tulip farms on March 23. The Wooden Shoe TulipFest Run half is only $60 when you sign up online by the 22nd. (There’s also a 5k and 10k for $40 each.)
- Speaking of half marathons, heads up about the Vortex Half Marathon & 10k Trail Run on March 23. It is only $50/$30 when you sign up online, and it’s gorgeous run at Milo McIver State Park.
Other awesome races/events you should know about:
- Not running at Shamrock? The Badass Lady Gang PDX is hosting a cheer station across the street from Swan Mart on race day. This is for the ladies to recognize and support other women running in the race. Swan Mart is at Hamilton and Barbur, and to get there, you’ll want to take the Corbett Exit (coming from the south) off I-5 and then turn left, left again at Hamilton.
- Speaking of the Badass Lady Gang PDX, they have a number of group runs for women and those that identify as women. The next one is this Saturday, March 16 at 11:30a on the Tualatin Discovery Trail.
- The Hack n’ Dash Fiddlers is a very unique run I’ve never seen anywhere else. You play golf and run, choosing your distance/number of holes to play. The race is on Saturday, March 23 in Eugene and starts at $25/person.
- There’s a free Pub Run in Bend on Monday, March 18. The run starts at FootZone and runs a 3-mile loop to Silver Moon Pub. You’ll want to Uber it home, or plan it out with a friend to pick you up. RSVP online here to help them plan.
Price increases coming up soon:
- Sign up for the Bridge to Brews by March 15, 2019 to save yourself $5. Until then, the price for either the 10k or 8k is $64. The race is on Sunday, April 14, 2019 in downtown Portland.
- Registration for the Florence Half Marathon is only $65 when you sign up online before on race day. At the race, you can still sign up, but for $75. Save $10 by signing up early. The race is on Saturday, March 16 in Newport.
- Registration for the Corvallis Half Marathon increases on March 14th. Sign up for the half by then for $69 (goes to $75). The 5k stays at the current rates of $25 and up until race day, the 1k/1-miler is free.