Welcome to the latest post in the 2019 Races on our Radar series, where we report on cool and/or low-cost races, group runs, price and registration deadlines, and other things we think you should know about it.
Low-cost Races Coming Up Soon:
- The ORRC Champoeg Runs are this Saturday and on our “low-cost” scale, the $55 half marathon is a great deal as is the FREE kid’s race (about a quarter mile). New this year is a 4-person marathon relay, too, for $45/person.
- If you’re in Grants Pass this Saturday you can run a 10k or a 5k for just $20 at the Run for the Law: A Country United.
- The Wurst Run 5k/10k is in Mt. Angel this Saturday, and its 10k is only $30 (the 5k is the same price). Registration includes a pint glass, a beverage, and a ticket to the Mt. Angel Volksfest!
- Another 10k for just $30 is running in Eugene this Saturday – and for a great cause. The Race for the Water (which also has a $30 5k) is raising funds for building wells in the nations of Mozambique and Malawi.
- The Lincoln City Half is just $55 and running this Sunday, March 3 (there’s also a 10k for $45).
- The next Taco Tuesday Twilight Trot is on Tuesday, March 5 at 6p from Eclectic Edge Events’ office at 750 Commercial in Eugene. It’s $20 for pre-registration and $25 DOR. Registration includes the 5k run, the post-race taco bar, and an adult beverage.
- The Run of Two Cities in Coos Bay on Saturday, March 9 (next weekend) is only $25 for the 10k or the 5k.
Other Races/Runs That Caught Our Eye:
- There’s another Oregon Brewery Series Run this Saturday at Stormbreaker Brewing in St. Johns. The OBS runs are $30 and a ton of fun, plus if you’re 21+ and have your ID, you get a pint at the finish!\
- Check out the Teddy Twilight this Saturday night at Roosevelt HS. Watch – or, if you’re track-inclined, sign up here – men’s and women’s 3k, 10k, 2k steeple, and distance medley relays.
- The Mudslinger 5(ish)-miler in Madras isn’t until March 23, but registration closes on Sunday, March 3, because this is a point-to-point race and they need to arrange transportation. Sign up online now for just $20. (MACRD members and in-district residents save $10/$5, respectively.)
Upcoming Price Increases:
- If you sign up before Friday, there’s a $15 5k in Lebabon on Saturday, April 6. The Walk a Mile for a Child offers a Mile (for $10) or a 5k (for $15) but prices go up on Friday, March 1.
- This Friday, March 1, there is a price increase for the Alsea Falls Spring Fling half marathon and 10k. Before then, the prices are $55/$40 respectively, and starting on Friday they are $5. There’s also a 5k priced at $35.
- Registration for the Stumptown 50k and Marathon has a price increase. Until March 4, the 50k is $105 and the half is $75. The races are on different days: The half marathon is on Saturday, May 25 and the 50k is on Monday (Memorial Day), May 27.