Welcome to the latest post in the 2019 Races on our Radar series, where we report on cool and/or low-cost races, group runs, price and registration deadlines, and other things we think you should know about it.
Low-cost Races Coming Up Soon:
- The Regicide Run is on February 17, 2019 in Newport. This 4.5-miler run is $25, and you can sign up online here through Saturday. “Regicide” means “the killing of a king,” and this race coincides with King Tide days on the Oregon Coast.
- A few weeks ago we let you know about the Rogue River Half Marathon in Rogue River, Ore., so this is just a reminder. The half is still only $45 and the 5k only $20 if you sign up today or tomorrow … on the 21st the prices will go up. The race is on Feburary 23.
- This Saturday (the 23rd) is the Hamlin Winter Grit 3-miler in Springfield. The race is only $20 including the race t-shirt when you sign up online! And, it doesn’t start until 10a so you can even sleep in a little.
- The Buck Mountain Mudslinger Trail Run is a 6.6-mile run at Silver Falls State Park on February 23. If you love the Silver Falls Half, here’s a chance to run in the same park for only $30 when you sign up online early! Post-race there will be chili and beer from Seven Brides Beer to celebrate the race’s 10th anniversary.
- The Three Capes Relay is this Saturday, February 23 from Tillamook to Pacific City. This is a laid-back one-day relay that can be run on teams of up to 5 or run solo. The entire distance is 26.2 miles, with a few killer hills and some worth-it views to make up for it. Sign up for $175/team of 5.
- This is a really early notification, but I love, love, love the Stoller 5k Vineyard Run. It’s a hilly race, a nice mix of cross-country and road. Participants get a free wine tasting and 20% off any wine purchases the day of the race, and all proceeds go to support high school sports. The race is at Stoller Vineyards outside Dayton on Saturday, April 6.
Upcoming Price Increases
- The Warrior Dash, running on Saturday, May 18 in Canby, has a price increase on February 21. The race is $59 through that date, as long as it’s not sold out.
- There’s a price increase for the Peterson Ridge Rumble on March 1, so sign up by the 28th of February to save $10. Until then, the 20-miler is $45 and the 40-miler is $55. The Rumble is on Sunday, April 14 outside Sisters.
- The Willamette Valley Marathon has a price bump scheduled for Saturday, March 2. Until then, the marathon is $90, the half is $80, the 10k is $60, and the half marathon relay is $100. The race itself is on Sunday, May 19 in Salem.