Welcome to the latest post in the 2019 Races on our Radar series, where we report on cool and/or low-cost races, group runs, price and registration deadlines, and other things we think you should know about it.
Meet the new Portland Marathon Race Director, Jared Rohatinsky, on Wednesday, February 20 at Portland Running Company’s downtown store (800 SE Grand Ave). RSVP on facebook to help PRC plan and order snacks. Speaking of the 2019 Portland Marathon, they’ve got a temporary website where you can sign up for email updates.
Low-cost Races Coming Up Soon:
- Tomorrow (February 13) is the last Miles in Chiles indoor track race at the University of Portland. At this mini-meet, there will be a 400m, an 800m, and a mile, and each race is just $5 to run. Get more info here.
- The Regicide Run is on February 17, 2019 in Newport. This 4.5-miler run is $25, and you can sign up online here through Saturday. “Regicide” means “the killing of a king,” and this race coincides with King Tide days on the Oregon Coast.
- The Buck Mountain Mudslinger Trail Run is a 6.6-mile run at Silver Falls State Park on February 23. If you love the Silver Falls Half, here’s a chance to run in the same park for only $30 when you sign up online early! Post-race there will be chili and beer from Seven Brides Beer to celebrate the race’s 10th anniversary.
- The Three Capes Relay is next Saturday, February 23 from Tillamook to Pacific City. This is a laid-back one-day relay that can be run on teams of up to 5 or run solo. The entire distance is 26.2 miles, with a few killer hills and some worth-it views to make up for it. Sign up for $175/team of 5.
- Also on the 23rd is the Rogue River Half Marathon for $35 and the Watson 5k Memorial Run for only $20. These races are in Rogue River, and SOR members can enjoy a discount of $5 off.
- In Springfield on Saturday the 23rd, you can run the 3-mile Hamlin Winter Grit race. It’s only $20 and includes a t-shirt.
Other Races/Runs That Caught Our Eye:
- The Zena Road Runs are this Sunday, February 17 and you can still sign up! The best “price per kilometer” is with the 15k, at just $35, but there are also 6-mile and 3-mile runs for the same price.
- Heads up! Registration for the September 14 Bridge of the Goddess Half Marathon and 10k is open already. Current rate to sign up is $89 and comes with the entire Run With Paula race experience.
- There’s a new half marathon, 10k, and 5k running in Gresham on Saturday, April 13. Hosted by the City of Gresham and supported by Unitus Community Credit Union, the Gresham Lilac Run will make use of Gresham’s trail system including the Gresham Butte Saddle Trail. There’s a free “Little Lilac 1k” for ages 12 and younger, otherwise the 5k is $35, the 10k is $60, and the half is $85. This race is a fund raiser for the non-profit Family of Friends Mentoring which support kids and families in East Multnomah County.
Upcoming Price Increases
- The Warrior Dash, running on Saturday, May 18 in Canby, has a price increase on February 21. The race is $59 through that date, as long as it’s not sold out.
- There’s a price increase for the Peterson Ridge Rumble on March 1, so sign up by the 28th of February to save $10. Until then, the 20-miler is $45 and the 40-miler is $55. The Rumble is on Sunday, April 14 outside Sisters.