Welcome to the latest post in the 2019 Races on our Radar series, where we report on cool and/or low-cost races, group runs, price and registration deadlines, and other things we think you should know about it.
Low-cost Races Coming Up Soon:
- Next Wednesday, January 23 is the second Miles in Chiles indoor track race at the University of Portland. At this mini-meet, there will be a 200m, an 800m, and a mile, and each race is just $5 to run. Get more info here.
- On Saturday, January 26, the Run With Grace 5k will step off at 10a in Medford. This race is only $15 and proceeds go to send underprivileged kids to camp.
- The Roaring Run Half Marathon, running on February 2, is only $47. That’s a great price for a great half marathon! The race is in Scio and also offers at 10k ($37) and 5k ($32).
Other Races/Runs That Caught Our Eye:
- The Truffle Shuffle is on Sunday, February 10 in Eugene, and they’re offering complimentary entries to all Veterans. And if you’re not a Veteran, the regsitration for this 2-miler and 4-miler is $25, with proceeds supporting Veteran’s families through St. Vincent de Paul. There’s a kid’s 700m Fun Run starting at 12:45p and the other races follow, with the 4-miler at 2p, giving you all morning to get things done before the race.
Upcoming Price Increases:
- The awesome and long-running Zena Road Runs has a price bump starting on the 19th (Saturday). Sign up before then for $25 for any distance (3-mile, 6-mile, or 15k). The race is outside of Salem on Sunday, February 17.
- My Muddy Valentine has a price increase this Friday! The price is $60 until then. The race itself is in Portland on Saturday, February 9.
- Prices for the 2019 Cinco de Mayo will go up on January 25. Until then, the half is $79 but will go up to $89. The 10k, currently at $59, and the 5k, currently at $41, will both go up $5. The race itself is on Sunday, May 5.