Welcome to the latest in the Races on our Radar series, where we report on cool and/or low-cost races, group runs, price and registration deadlines, and other things we think you should know about it.
We would like to you hear from you, too. If you’re in the know on a race that you think others need to check out, be sure to let us know with our contact form. Tell us what you love about it and be sure to include a link.
In case you missed our round up of Turkey Trots, check it out here.
Important announcements and price increase deadlines:
- Registration is now open for the 2018-19 PRC 5k Winter Series! You can sign up online here for $75. The three dates are Saturday, December 15, 2018, and Saturdays January 12 and February 9, 2019. All three races are at the Beaverton PRC location at 10029 SW Nimbus Ave, and this year there’s a brand new t-shirt design that I love – and it’s in both women’s and unisex cuts!
- Prices for the Deschutes River Half Marathon and Hangover 2.019 Walk/Run will go up on November 30. If you sign up before then, the prices are $50/$10; if you wait, prices go up to $60/$20.18. The run is on Tuesday, January 1, 2019 in Maupin.
- Sign up for the Bridge to Brews by December 7, 2018 to save yourself $5. Until then, the price for either the 10k or 8k is $54. The race is on Sunday, April 14, 2019 in downtown Portland.
- The Smith Rock Ascent, running on May 18 and 19, 2019, will have a price increase on December 1. Currently, the 15-miler is $85, the 4-miler is $45, and the 50k is $105. Prices go up $10 on the 1st. Note: the kids race is free, no matter when you sign up!
Some races coming up the next few weekends that either we just love or offer some sweet deals:
- Sign up by the 25th for the Jingle Rush 5k in Cottage Grove, running on Saturday, December 1, for just $20. Starting on the 26th, it’ll be $25.
- On Saturday, December 1, our friends at Run Wild Adventures are putting on the Shellburg Falls Trail Run, a 5.2-miler in Lyons, Ore. The online registration for this 10th anniversary event is $30.
- You can run the Canyon Rumble Frozen Half, 10k, or 5k, for the low prices of $45, $30, and $20, respectively. The run is on Saturday, December 1 in Madras.
- The last 2018 Taco Tuesday Twilight Trot is coming up on December 4, at 6p in Eugene. Sign up for $20 by 4p on race day.
- Foot Traffic’s Holiday Half, offering a half marathon for $82, a 10k for $58, and a 5k for $44. The race is Sunday, December 9 in Portland.
- On Saturday, December 8, you can run the Vernonia Ugly Sweater Run 5k for just $20. The race is at Anderson Park and of course, there are prizes for the ugliest sweater.
- Mac’s Run in Coos Bay offers a 5k and a 10k, both priced at 10k. The race is Saturday, December 8 at Sunset Bay State Park.
- CORK’s Hot Chocolate Runs aren’t races, but they are fun 5-7 mile runs with hot cocoa at the end. The next one is Sunday, December 9, starting at 9a from Loge Entrada at 19221 SW Century Drive in Bend.