SPECIAL THANKSGIVING TURKEY TROT ROUND-UP!
Welcome to the latest in the Races on our Radar series, where we report on cool and/or low-cost races, group runs, price and registration deadlines, and other things we think you should know about it.
We would like to you hear from you, too. If you’re in the know on a race that you think others need to check out, be sure to let us know with our contact form. Tell us what you love about it and be sure to include a link.
Here are a few low-cost races to check out this weekend:
- This Saturday, November 10 brings the Pioneer Road Run in Phoenix, offering a 9-miler and a 5k for $20 each. SOR members can sign up for only $15.
- Also this Saturday is the Veterans Celebration Run. There is a 10k and a 5k, both offered at $25. This Eugene run starts at 11:11 to give a nod to the November 11th Veteran’s Day Holiday.
EWEB’s Run to Stay Warm has a price increase on November 15 (the race is on November 18 in Eugene). This is a great race, with a fast course, and proceeds go to support area residents that need help paying for winter heating costs. Sign up by the 15th for the half for $60, the 10k for $40, or the 5k for $30.
Foot Traffic’s Holiday Half, 10k, and 5k have price increases on November 16. Until then it’s $82/$58/$44. The race is on December 9, 2018 in Portland.
The Eugene Holiday Half Marathon & Hustle 10k/5k on December 15 have some really good prices. Until the day before the race, the 10k and 5k are only $20, and the half is $50, but keep in mind that if you wanted to order a shirt (for $16), you can only do so through November 30.
The current pricing for the 2018 Civil War Relay ends on November 11. Until then, it’s $350/team when paying online or $340 when sending a check.
Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trots without a price increase:
- The 9th Annual Run/Walk to Feed the Hungry 5k Turkey Trot – Baker City – $10
- ORRC/Columbia Bank Turkey Trot at the Zoo – Portland – $30 for members, $40 for non-members
- Give n’ Gobble 5k/10k – Sherwood – The 5k is $34 and the 10k is $40
- I Like Pie 5k – Bend – $20
- Turkeython 5k – Tigard – $33
- Turkeython 5k – Yoncalla – $33
- Turkeython 5k – Hillsboro – $33
- Turkeython 5k – Portland – $33
Turkey Trots running on Thanksgiving Day with price increases coming up:
(“DOR” means “day of race” registration cost)
- Tofurkey Trot – Oaks Park – $30 until 11/21, $35 DOR
- Corvallis Turkey Trot – Osborn Aquatic Center – $30 until 11/18, $40 until 11/21, $45 DOR
- Grants Pass Turkey Trot – Grants Pass YMCA – $15 until 11/20, $25 after that
- Run’ucopia 5k/10k/15k – Salem – $20 until 11/15
- The Keizer Turkey Trot Dash 5k Run/Walk says “price depends on when you register” but no schedule posted
- Turkey Trot Fun Run 12k, 5k, and 3k – Mosier (Twin Tunnels) – $15 until 11/16, $20 after
- Arctic Circle Turkey Trot 10k/5k – Lincoln City – 10k: $40 until 11/20, $45 after – 5k: $35 until 11/20, $40 after
- Redmond Turkey Trot – Redmond – 10k: $30 until 11/20, $35 after – 5k: $25 until 11/20, $30 after
- Southern Oregon Turkey Trot 8-miler & 2-miler – Central Point – $20 until 11/21, DOR price not posted
- Turkey Trot Eugene 2-miler/4-miler – Eugene – $25 until 11/21, $30 DOR
- Wildlife Safari Turkey Trot 5k Fun Run – Winston – $15 until 11/21, $20 DOR
Donation-based Turkey Trots running on Thanksgiving Day:
- 4th Annual NCRD Turkey Trot Canned Food Drive – Manzanita – donate canned foods and/or cash
- Moore Park Turkey Trot – Klamath Falls – new, unwrapped child’s gift for Toys for Tots or cash donation for food bank
- SCRC Turkey Trot 5k – Empire Lakes – 2+ cans of food