Thanksgiving: A day American’s get together to give thanks, to eat, to watch football and to RUN! Thanksgiving day marks the most popular holiday for people to go out and run a road race! If you are going to be in the Salem area, Run’ucopia is worth checking out! 2018 marks Run’ucopia’s 8th year and is growing steadily. With a free 1k for kids 6 and under, it draws a lot of families. And for folks that want a little distance on Thanksgiving, it goes beyond the usual 5k, offering a 10k and 15k. The new courses goes over the new running bridge and will go deep into beautiful Minto Island Park. It’s a sure win for the whole family before sitting down to fest, give thanks and watch the game!
When: November 22nd 2018
Where: Salem Riverfront Park (200 Water St NE Salem, OR 97301)
Early Packet-Pick up: November 21st at Gallagher’s Fitness Resources (135 Commercial ST. SE) from 1:00-5:45p
Race Day Schedule: Start and finish is at the pavilion
- 8:00a Check-in
- 8:45a Free 1k for kids 6 and under
- 9:05a 10k/15k start
- 9:10a 5k start
- 9:50a enjoy a hot chocolate and coffee provided by Dutch Bros while awards start.
Registration: Chipped timed race
- 5k/10k/15k: $18.00 now – October 31st
- November 1st-15th $20.00
- November 16th-19th $25.00
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TODAY!
- The 5k race will be an out and back, very strait and nice and flat! Check it out on the map here!
- The 10k race is also a simple out and back, going deeper into the park, turning around near the 1920’s Buick. You can check out the course here!
- The 15k an out-and-back, but on the return, you have to turn right to do your 15k loop, which takes you off the pavement onto a nice dirt trail, directing you back towards the starting line. You go deep into the park, then do the loop. Signs and volunteers will be guiding the way. Check out the map here!
Family Discount: There is a discount for families of 4+ for the race. To get the discount, on-line sign up is required by November 8th.
Questions: Contact the race director at email@example.com
Grab your family and friends if you are going to be in Keizer over Thankgiving and start your morning off with this family friendly 5k at the 2018 Keizer Turkey Dash 5k! Walk or run through Keizer Station Village then out and back through the Gubser Neighborhood. It’s a perfect way to start Thanksgiving day before heading home for turkey and football!
When: November 22nd, 2018
Where: Keizer Station Village next to Lowes Home Improvement Keizer, OR
Early Packet Pick up: November 21st from 12:00-6:00p at Keizer Fire Station (661 Chemawa Rd NE)
Race Day Schedule:
- 7:00a Day of Registration at Lowes Home Improvement.
- 8:00a 5k starts at Keizer Station Village next to Lowes Home Improvement.
- Youth 5k ages 12 and under $17.00 (includes a cotton t-shirt)
- Adult 5k $30.00 (includes a sport text shirt)
Finishers mugs are included with entry fee (limit 900)
Join their event on facebook here, making sure you don’t miss any announcements.
Don’t miss out! Register HERE
Questions or want to volunteer: Email the race director at firstname.lastname@example.org