Welcome to the latest in the Races on our Radar series, where we report on cool and/or low-cost races, group runs, price and registration deadlines, and other things we think you should know about it.
We would like to you hear from you, too. If you’re in the know on a race that you think others need to check out, be sure to let us know with our contact form. Tell us what you love about it and be sure to include a link.
First of all, be careful if you’re out running tomorrow night. There have been reports of little ghosts and goblins all over Oregon and SW Washington. Rumor has it if you give them candy they will not bother you.
- Run With the Duck is a kids run and 5k running from Eugene’s Riverfront Park on Sunday, November 4. The kids run, which appears to be free, is at 9:30a. The 5k is only $15 and starts at 10a. But here’s what’s cool. UO students, faculty, staff, and alumni can all participate for FREE! What a great deal – share it with your Duck friends!
- Run with a Researcher is coming back to Eugene! This is a group run, led by one of UO’s researchers. The next one is on Thursday, November 8.
- On Saturday, November 3, you and your favorite four-legged pupper can run the Southern Oregon Dog Jog 2-miler. Through 11/2, registration is $20. The race is at Bear Creek Park in Medford.
- We think $25 for a 10k is a good deal, so check out the Lord’s Acre 10k (also a 5k) on Saturday, November 3 in Powell Butte. DOR registration is $30.
- Also on Saturday, November 3, the final race in the Stumptown XC Series will run at Pier Park. Women will run 6k and men will run 8k. Registration is only $15.
- How about a half marathon for $45? The Battle to the Pacific is capped at 150 participants and also offers a 5k for $25 and a 10k for $35. The race is on Sunday, November 4 at Fort Stevens State Park.
- The next race in Eugene’s Taco Tuesday Twilight Trot Series is on November 6. Registration is $25 when done online ahead of time or $30 DOR. Runs start at Eclectic Edge’s office at 750 Commercial St and start at 6p; registration includes a taco bar and two drink tickets.
- Saturday, November 10 brings the Pioneer Road Run in Phoenix, offering a 9-miler and a 5k for $20 each. SOR members can sign up for only $15.
- Also on the 10th is the Veterans Celebration Run. There is a 10k and a 5k, both offered at $25. This Eugene run starts at 11:11 to give a nod to the November 11th Veteran’s Day Holiday.
Upcoming price increases:
The Corvallis Half Marathon has price bump tomorrow, on 10/31. Until then, the half is $45, the 5k is $25, the “double” is $60, and the family 1k/1-miler is still FREE! The Corvallis Half Marathon is on Sunday, April 14, but the 5k and family races are on Saturday, April 13.
The McDonald Forest Trail Runs is only $30 if you sign up before 11/2. There’s a 15k and a 5k offered, and after November 2nd, prices jump $5. This run is on Sunday, November 11 in Corvallis.
The Hood to Coast Series Turkey Trot at PIR is on November 21, and if you sign up by November 6 the 5k is $35 and the relay is $40. DOR prices are $45 for either race
EWEB’s Run to Stay Warm has a price increase on November 2 (the race is on November 18 in Eugene). This is a great race, with a fast course, and proceeds go to support area residents that need help paying for winter heating costs. Sign up by the 15th for the half for $60, the 10k for $40, or the 5k for $30.