Welcome to the latest in the Races on our Radar series, where we report on cool and/or low-cost races, group runs, price and registration deadlines, and other things we think you should know about it.
We would like to you hear from you, too. If you’re in the know on a race that you think others need to check out, be sure to let us know with our contact form. Tell us what you love about it and be sure to include a link.
Here are a few low-cost games coming up this weekend and next weekend, but read on below for price bumps and one great low-cost race coming up on November 4!
- The OTC Race Series race #8 is this Thursday, October 11. The run starts from Eclectic Edge’s office at 750 Commerical Street at 6p. The 5k is $5 if you’re not an OTC member, and free if you are.
- Saturday, October 13 is the 2nd race in the Stumptown XC Series will run at Mary S. Young Park in West Linn. Saturday, October 13 in the 3rd race, running at Fernhill Park. Sign up for either for only $15.
- On Sunday, October 14, the Doris Ranch Dirt Dash 5k is in Springfield. You can sign up for this 5k for just $20.
- Also on Sunday is another Portland Parks & Rec $5 5k. This one is at Delta Park, and you can sign up online here.
- Coming up next Saturday, the 20th, is a Zombie Run! The Barlow Zombie Run in Gresham is $25 and starts at Sam Barlow High School.
- The EOU Homecoming Run in La Grande is on Saturday, October 20 is only $10, and there’s a 5k and a 10k.
- Another low-cost race on the 20th is the Haunted Fun Run 5k in Ontario, Ore. Sign up for just $15 online.
The Miller Woods 10k Trail Race is a great race with an awesome raffle – but the price goes up $5 after Thursday, so sign up online and save yourself a few bucks. The race is in McMinnville on Saturday the 13th.
There are a few Oregon Brewing Running Series runs coming up this month. Remember, if you volunteer, you get an entry to a future race! Just trying to help you plan ahead … This Saturday, the 13th, is the run from 54°- 40′ Brewing Co. in Washougal, Wash, and next Saturday, the 20th, is the run from Baerlic Brewing in NE Portland. Registration is $30 for each run.
The Grants Pass Marathon, Half, 10k, 5k, and Kid’s Fun Run has a price increase on October 15. Until then the full is $45, the half is $30, the 10k is $25, and the 5k is $10. The race is on October 27.
Another race with a great price for their half marathon is the Battle to the Pacific, running on November 4 at Fort Stevens State Park. The half marathon is only $45, but registration for all three distances (there’s also a 5k for $25 and a 10k for $35) is capped at 150.
The Bend Ale Run has a price bump coming up on the 15th. On that date, the half jumps to $75 and the 10k to $60. The race is on Saturday, November 10.