Welcome to the latest in the Races on our Radar series, where we report on cool and/or low-cost races, group runs, price and registration deadlines, and other things we think you should know about it.
We would like to you hear from you, too. If you’re in the know on a race that you think others need to check out, be sure to let us know with our contact form. Tell us what you love about it and be sure to include a link.
The Columbia Gorge Marathon has a price increase on October 1. Save yourself $10 if you have yet to sign up for this scenic October 21 race in Hood River!
Low-price races coming up this week and next:
- OTC Monthly Run/Walk Series #7 is this Thursday (the 13th) and races are only $5 for non members and free for members. This month’s run is at Amazon Park at 6p.
- It’s time for the Mount Angel Oktoberfest! There is a 5k and a 10k, which are both $32, and a half for $75. The 10k price makes it a low-cost race to zero in on! The race is Saturday the 15th at 9a, although if you run the half, it starts at 8a.
- NEXT Thursday, the 20th, you can help raise money for Sheldon HS XC in Eugene. The Twilight River Run 5k is $25 and starts and finishes at EWEB Plaza, with a 6p start time.
- NEXT Friday, the 21st, there’s a fun evening trail race in Corvallis called the SAFsquatch. It’s at 5p at Peavy Arboretum and raises funds for the Society of American Foresters. There’s a 10k for $35 and a 5k for $25.
- NEXT Saturday the 22nd, the Chief’s Run 5k in Lafayette is only $20 and raises funds for the Lafayette Fire/Rescue Department’s annual toy drive. The race starts in downtown Lafayette at 9a.
- Another great race on the 22nd is the Miles for Midwives 5k, taking place at Champoeg State Park. The run starts at 9:30a and is only $20! Proceeds support the Oregon Affiliate of the American College of Nurse Midwives.
- Also on the 22nd is the Molalla River Trail Race. There is a half marathon for only $50 – what a great deal! There is also a 10k for $40 and a 5k for $35. Run Oregon has run this race in the past and while the course isn’t easy, it’s a really fun race in a beautiful setting.