Foot Traffic’s fall All-Comer Cross Country Series starts off on September 14th, with other meets scheduled for September 28, October 5, and October 19. These are youth XC races and are only $3 per participant. Plan ahead with your running kiddo’s busy weekends!
Here are some low cost races for this week/weekend:
- The Bear Creek 10k/5k is this Saturday the 18th in Vernonia. The 10k is only $25 and the 5k is only $20. Online registration is open until 8p on Friday.
- The Bush Park XC Series in Salem is still going on! The next two races (August 16 and 23) are $5 for either the 5k or 3k, and the final race (August 30) is $6. Sign up online here or at the event.
- There are still 2 races left in the Run Northbest Series at Murrayhill Park in S. Beaverton. Races are on Wednesdays, so August 15 and 22, and you pay $35 to sign up for BOTH 5ks or $55 for the 10ks.
- The Monkeyface Half Marathon & Relay is this Saturday, August 18, and it’s still just $55 for the half or $35/person for the relay. The race is at 7a at Smith Rock State Park.
And some other races to keep in mind:
- The Beat Beethoven’s 5th 5k is a unique race; runners try to cross the finish line before the final note of Beethoven’s 5th Symphony. The race is in Bend on Saturday, August 25 and is $40. Funds raised support the Central Oregon Symphony.
- “Wine for Kids” is a fundraiser for kids in the McMinnville School District, offering a 5k, 3k, and Mile Fun Run at J Wrigley Vineyards on Labor Day. Your $30 registration includes wine tasting, and there will be live music. This is a trail race, so go prepared to work hard and then relax with some good Oregon wine.
- The ORRC Greenway Trail Trial is also on Labor Day, but this race is being organized by three of your favorite Run Oregon bloggers! Nikki, Abby, and Kelly are the organizers; member price is $25 and non-members pay $35 for this 10k in Beaverton. AND: The course this year is different – dare I say better? – participants will now cross Hall and continue on Fanno Creek until Denney.
- The Florence Half Marathon, put on by Pink Buffalo Racing, is on Saturday, September 22 in Florence. This half is a great price – only $50!
- The Pacific NW Marathon is on September 15, and there’s also a half marathon and a 5k. You can still sign up – the marathon is $85, the half is $55, and the 5k is $30, including a race shirt. This race, set against the Coburg and Harrison countryside, has become very popular in it’s first few years, with excellent organization and a mainly flat to downhill course.
Price increases coming soon:
- The Twisted Pine Half Marathon & 5-miler in Newport on September 15 has a price increase on August 19. Sign up by then and the half is $60 and the 5-miler is $45.
- The ORRC Turkey Trot has a price increase on August 21. Until then, it’s $15 for members and $25 for non-members. This race is on Thanksgiving morning at the Oregon Zoo.
- The Raw Oregon Honey XC 5k is the “cross-country race for everyone.” High school runners can sign up for $25 and adults for $30, as long as you sign up by September 4, otherwise prices go up $5. This Oregon City race is on September 15.